Chapter 13: Caraphernelia

Chapter Thirteen

{~Vera~}

I stretched and felt something lick my hand. I giggled and opened my eyes. I was in a sunlit room, and in a comfortable bed. A figure jumped up on my bed and began to attack me with it's tongue.

"Max!" I laughed then was taken by surprise. Subconsciously I knew his name. Where am I? "Home." Just then there was a knock at my door.

"Vera, sweetheart." I heard a soft motherly voice call.

"Yes, mom?" I responded.

"Are you okay?" She asked concerned.

"I'm fine. I just had another one of those dreams again..."

"Are you decent?"

"Yeah, you can come in." My mom entered, she was a beautiful woman. She took a seat on my bed and brushed a lock of hair behind my ear.

"What was it this time?" She asked. "Was it him?"

"I think it was the end of him." I said honestly. A smile touched my moms face.

"Good." I smiled. "Hurry up and get dressed, your brothers are waiting for you."

"Alright mom." I smiled as she left. Then I thought. I got up and took a shower and got dressed in a cute skirt and top. I looked in the mirror and felt my neck for scars, when I didn't feel any I was... saddened. Then I touched below my collarbone and felt it. Sentimental tears welled in my eyes. I never wanted to forget him. I never will forget him. Wonderland was real.

"Hey, V! Could you hurry up!" I heard Cody call.

"I'm on my way!" I called back as I raced out of my room, downstairs to my two brothers who were waiting impatiently.

"Took you long enough." Nate laughed. "What were you doing, dreaming of your boyfriend Zebastian?"

"Watch it, Nate. Dreams are symbolic." Mom snapped. Nate stopped laughing.

"Sorry sis." He mumbled.

"Be safe!" Mom called as we left out the door. The walk to school wasn't long, and the building was nice. Subconsciously I had been here all my life, but realistically... it was my first day.

Here I wasn't the center of attention, no one was. Everyone was equal. How I wished high school had always been.

It was now lunch and I was at my locker putting my things inside when I felt hands around my waist. I immediately jumped and shut my locker.

"Jesus Christ, Hayden." I said my hand on my heart. "You can't sneak up on me like that."

"What? Is your boyfriend not supposed to touch you now?" He asked with a smile tugging at his lips. I observed his features. He was a beautiful boy. Was he better looking than Zebastian? Hell no. "I love it when you do that."

"Do what?" I asked snapping up to meet his gaze.

"Drift off." He said caressing my cheek. "It's adorable."

"Do I do that often?" I asked.

"You've done it since I've known you." He chuckled. "So about a good five or so years."

"Oh, I'm sorry." I murmured. "I just have a lot on my mind."

"I can tell." He chuckled. "I was heading over to Graffiti Burger with some of the guys and I was just wondering if you wanted something?" I just smiled.

"Surprise me." He grinned and quickly pecked me on the lips before heading off. I watched him as he left and felt my tingly lips. No, it didn't feel like how when Zebastian kissed me-Vera, stop it. You're not in Wonderland anymore, you're on Earth, with Humans. You're Human, you have a beautiful boyfriend who is genuine, you have caring friends who can relate to you, you have a loving family that looks out for you, you have a dog that licks you in the morning when you're late! It's time to put Wonderland in the past...