Chapter 6: Good Old Friend

Chapter Six

{~Zebastian~}

I caught the look in her eyes when I had saved her, fear and relief. I sighed heavily as I mulled over what had happened several times over. It was midnight now, Vera had been sleep for a while now but I couldn't bring myself to leave her side. I felt her happiness from miles away, and it amazed me. I can feel her emotions, and if I can feel them maybe I can transfer them. I scoffed and got up. I walked out, closing the door silently behind me. My friends had been standing out there for a while now trying to piece the puzzle together.

"Do you love her?" Eryx asked taking a deep breath.

"I don't know what love is." I said and began to walk away from my room. Eryx sighed in relief.

"Thank the gods." He said happily. I turned around to him sharply.

"I may not know what love is and love her now but I'll do everything in my power to teach her my ways and make her mine." I said firmly. "I will love her."

"You can't." Eryx said. "She has her own human life to attend to."

"Her human life doesn't give two flying fucks that she's gone, they haven't even noticed! She can't disappear and then just pop up, that's not how shit works there." I said snapping. Eryx remained silent. "Try not to coach me on who I should be with or not."

"Well, considering how steamy you two were getting earlier I'm sure you'll do just fine." Li said with a chuckle.

"Speaking of how steamy you two were, what was that about? I didn't take you for the one to fuck in the middle of the day." Ramsey said.

"I don't. She had calmed me down." I said. They all went silent. "I was insanely angry, ready to destroy Wonderland and drink Adonis dry when she just kissed me, and it had calmed me down."

"How many times has this happened?" Odin asked.

"The calming or what?" I asked.

"Everything." He said.

"Well, yesterday I had gotten pissed at Eryx and the council, I hurt her because I was blinded by my rage, she gave me the most warm hug I've ever had in my life and I was calm. Then earlier today, Adonis tried to rape her while I was here which is why I left so early. She sparks so many things in my core, and she cools them off. She's the lock and the key." I explained.

"When you say 'tried to rape' did he succeed or..." Eryx asked.

"No." I said thankfully. "She's still pure, a virgin. No ones had a drop of her blood."

"How?" Odin asked. "How will you learn to tame all of your beasts when claiming her."

"I don't have to tame them, I have to let them out." I said shoving my hands in my pockets. "Vera is a powerful human being, you know. You underestimate her, Eryx."

"Apparently I do." He said softly. "Is there anything we can do to aid you in her protection?"

"She's currently in a condition where only female mammals understand." I sighed. "Which is why I tried to leave her for a week, but it looks like that won't be happening."

"What's her condition?" Li asked.

"Menstrual cycle." I said. Eryx's eyes widened.

"What?" He asked. "But she's a Won-"

"She's 16 years old, Eryx. They can't take her uterus out until she's 18, it's policy."

"That would really explain why Adonis is trying to get at your lady." Ramsey said crossing his arms. "He's trying to procreate with a human."