Chapter Twelve

I sigh. Not. Friends. Dani. Not. Friends. I thought. Oh chuck it! I can deal with a little drama! Right? I look at Louis more intensely. Why was his eyes still watering? I slouch down the wall and sit beside him.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

He sniffled and rubs his nose, looking away then looking into my green-ish eyes. I wrap my arms around him to try and make him feel better. He tenses then relaxes, leaning into my side.

"Why are you being nice to me?" He whispers. I rub his back with one of my hands, ignoring the angry storm of tingles in my body, but welcoming the warmth and comfort I felt. I sigh, "I couldn't handle the drama you guys came with, but then realized, hey? If I really cared about them, I shouldn't care about the drama they come with. I should stay strong and face it headstrong, yeah?"

He poked his head out from my arms, looking like a little child, "Yeah." I smile softly looking at him. His eyes capture me in a somewhat trance. Why was he so sad? I involuntary hug him tighter and he leans more into my side, he was like a broken child. My heart cracks a little at the thought.

"Why so sad Lou?" I whisper as he stares at my hair. I loosen my grip on him as he takes the ends of my hair and twirls it around his fingers. I wait patiently as he does this a couple times. He looks so adorable. I blush at the thought and about the embrace we're in. "I'm sorry."

I frown, "What for?" He looks up at me with earnest eyes. "I'm sorry for not coming and asking if the rumors were true and not being a good friend. I'm also sorry for being completely mean to you. It wasn't acceptable."

I smirk, trying to lighten the mood, "I think Liam's rubbing off on you, huh?"

He pouts, sticking out his bottom lip a little, "I'm sorry." He wasn't going to let this go was he? I sigh, "I forgive you. I already did Lou." He smiles and wraps his arms around me, squeezing me tight. I squeeze him tightly back. I blush as I feel his face nuzzling into my neck. "You smell good." Louis whispers, his warm breath rising goosebumps as his lips brush against my neck. I chuckle lightly, "Did you smell me?"

Way to ruin the mood, I thought as we pulled away, sadly. He chuckled, then grinned, "Maybe."

I laugh and he joins in, smiling, but then his face turns serious. "What?" I ask and rub his forearm, reassuring him to tell me whatever was wrong.

"Did you see the interview?" He asked softly. I freeze and hesitantly nod. You mean the one where he said he regretted kissing me? Louis, the guy i liked, regretted kissing me....

"I lied." He whispers, turning around and glancing at me. I blush, "Lied about what?" I ask, playing dumb. He sighs and searches around in my eyes, "I don't regret kissing you."

I look at him, processing what he says as my jaw drops a little, "Oh." His eyes roam my face for emotions and I struggle to keep my emotions in check and not show. "Oh? That's all?" Louis asks softly. "Well....I guess....I'm glad you don't regret it." I stumble on my words, not really knowing how to reply. He chuckles.

"But why were you're eyes watering earlier?" I ask to change the subject.

He slightly frowns, "Are you and that Ethan lad dating?" I chuckle, "NO! We're just new best friends! He needed someone to vent to after I vented to him. But why would you care?"

He blushed, "Because I think I'm starting to fa-"

"DANI!"

We both jump and turn towards the door. Lexi comes out, looking around, mumbling about what's taking me so long. "Lexi?" I call out. She jumps and looks at me.

"Oh! Hey Dani.....and Louis. Uhhh, here." She says and thrusts me Lou's sweatpants. I catch them and tuck them under my arm. Lexi smirks and leaves, closing the door behind her.

"HEY! Aren't those mine?! What do you want those for?"

Oh crap. Awkward.................................. I turn around and look at him, slightly blushing.

"Uhhhh....well, Ethan need to borrow them because yours are closet to his size and he's homeless so he's staying in my guest room and he doesn't have any clothes tonight, because we're getting clothes for him from the club tomorrow." I suck in a huge gasp of air. Somehow I managed to say that all in one breath!

Something flashes in his eyes...anger? Jealousy? Pssh, no....can't be..right?

"Can't believe I was going to tell you I was---" He cuts himself off.

"What?" I ask. He shrugs, "You two should move back to this hotel room." I knew he was just trying to avoid the question, but I'll let him. "But where would Ethan sleep?"

He shrugs, "The pull-out couch?" I think about it. I would have to share a room with Louis again. Was I ready for that? "I really need a cuddle buddy, because my Hazza just isn't cutting out for me."

"I HEARD THAT!"

Me and Louis jump then look at each other, then at the door. What? We tip-toe to the door and swing it open and everyone comes tumbling down at our feet.

"GUYS!" Me and Louis complain at the same time. They look up at us, sheepishly, and get up. "PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE?" They all begged with the puppy dog face. I sigh, "Those freaking puppy dog faces get me every time!" I mutter to myself and they cheer, crushing me in a huge group hug.

"LET GO! THIS GIRL NEEDS TO PACK AND GET ETHAN! DANI OUT!" I scream, dodging out of their hug and running to the elevator. I hear some laughter down the hall. As I ride down to my floor, I can't help but think why was Lou's eyes watering before? And what was Lou trying to tell me before Lexi so rudely interrupted and when he cut himself off?

I'm determined to find out.