Chapter One

I trudged through the automatic doors and entered the library. I was searching for my best friend who just arrived from the United Kingdom. She's going to be here in the States for a month with whatever band she works for. We were supposed to meet each other here for some reaon. Personally, I would rather meet at a cafe.

 Suddenly Lexi popped out from behind a tree in a pot. "Dani!"

"Lexi babe!" I cheered. I pulled her into a tight hug, my arms wrapping tightly around her tall frame. 

The librarian shushed us and everyone was staring at us. I pulled away and grinned at Lexi. I've haven't seen her in three whole months!  That's a very long time for best friends who've been joined at the hip since the seventh grade.

We laughed quietly and walked to the fiction section. We looked around for a few mintues but didn't find any books we wanted to check out. 

We passed the magazine section on the way out. Sadly, we were leaving empty handed. Anyway, strangely, there was a picture of the same five boys on about every magazine. I stopped and looked at the magazines. I raised an eyebrow at how many there were of them on the covers. They must be insanely famous. It's funny if they are because I have no clue about them.

Suddenly Lexi reappears by my side when she notices I stopped walking.

"How can they be that famous and I know nothing about them?" I ask, turning towards her.

She studies the magazines, "One Direction?" I nod and she slowly turned to look at me, " I'm their stylist."

"You are?" I asked, confused. I was pretty sure it was the Wanted.

"I told you I was. You're so ignorant," She rolled her eyes, smiling.

"Hey!" She chuckled at my expense as we walked out. The bell chimed, signaling we left the quiet, but judgemental library. Suddenly Lexi's stomach growled.

"Hungry?" I smirked, amused at how loud the sound was. The kids in Africa probably heard it!

"Yep, hanging out with the boys made me eat loads more! Idiots, they're making me fat!" Lexi cried. I  laugh at her ranting, feeling a pang in my chest. The realisation of how much I missed her hit me.

"I've really missed you Lexi." I say, voicing my thoughts as I smiled.

"Aw, me too Dani." She coos and hugs me again. She lets go and we continue walking to the fast food place near our apartments. I didn't really know where we were going, I just followed Lexi's fast paced walking.

Soon enough I recognized the golden arches in the distance. But that was right after I chased Lexi's running body to the entrance. She must be really hungry.

"Really...McDonald's?" I asked as we pushed open the door to enter.

"I'm lovin' it!" She cheers the punch line from the commercials as we wait in line. After we order we sit down in a booth near the window so we could watch the people who walk by.

"This is so a Kodak moment." Lexi says after a short silence of eating.

I raise an eyebrow at her, "How?" We were just eating at McDonald's...

"Because the band is back together again!" She cries out. Oh Lexi, Lexi, Lexi. What am I going to do with you? Why am I even friends with this crazy person? I smirked at the thought, how could I not be friends with her?

She whips out her phone and takes a picture of me, catching me off guard because I was thinking. A second later I got a text from Lexi with the picture. I look at it and smiled, saving it on my phone.