Maybe I deserve

Issa's p.o.v

Man it's been 3 months since I talked to Torielle. She been playing 'send a messager' and havin me talk to her bestfriend instead of her directly. And from what Tina been telling me she been doin pretty well. Tina told me she's a lot happier than she ever been and she's tryna get her life together for the 'full time job' she gon have in a few months. Tina won't tell me what it is but I guess she's taking it serious.

But today's the day I'm going to Torielle's house to actually talk to her. I mean I ain't gon lie, I miss the hell outta her. Havin her in my corner was what always kept me goin. But now I'm alone and it just ain't right.

I NEED her back.

The night she left it was a lot for me to take in everything she said. And it's been hard. But I took what she was telling me in and I been changing my
life around. And I hope she'll see it.

I pulled up to her apartment complex and entered the code. I looked around in the parking lot and seen her car. After pulling up to her building I got out my car and went up the stairs and went to her door. I knocked loudly and waited a few seconds before hearing the locks being unlatched. When the door opened I couldn't believe my eyes.

"Who are you?" Some nigga asked looking half drunk and half high.

"Nigga who the hell is you in my girls house?!" I push him back.

"Aye mane-" he pulled up his pants trying to start some shit when Tina came running around the corner and grabbing him.

"Wait! Wait! Wait! Wait! Wait! Let me handle this aight. It's good. Go wait for me in the room okay I'll be in there in a minute." Tina said pushing him back.

He glared at me as he walked around the corner.

"Who the fuck was that?!" I yell to her.

"My boyfriend Mike. And unless you want him to catch another case I think you should leave."

"Aye man fuck all of that where the hell is Tori?!" I ask raising my voice.

"Okay Ima need you to use to inside voice when you talkin to me, aight? And she's not here.... She's at the store."

"You lyin. I seen her car, Tina."

"Umm that cuz she walked."

"Tina move the hell out my way." I state moving her small frame out the hallway and starting to walk.

"What you talkin bout Gay homie Quan here to see me?" Tori asks confused as she came around the corner and met eye with me. She gasped slightly.

I looked at her up and down and seen something I really hadn't expected to see. Her stomach was poking out of her tank top in a circular type way. And the width of her waist was expanding.

Is she pregnant?!

"Issa?" She said in almost a whisper tone, breaking the silence that filled the room.

"Baby you good?" A dude asks coming up behind her and holding her waist.

"Baby? She ain't yo mutha fuckin baby!" I state.

"Yes the fuck she is. Who the fuck are you?" He stepped in front of Tori and began to walk up on me.

"That ain't yo mufukkin business. Just know Torielle is my baby."

"Aye yall need to-" Tori spoke but was cut off.

"Nigga fuckin swears." He chuckled.

"You must be the nigga that got MY girl pregnant and was out fuckin some hoes. While you had a woman that was down for you..... Pussy ass nigga!" He adds on getting in my face.

I pushed him back almost making him fall causing him charge at me. He tackled me into the wall and just as fast as we started fighting we stopped as Tori put herself in between us and started yelling.

"Chris stop!!! You know I can't handle this right now. Please stop!" She begged looking in his eyes as he just glared at me. He look down at her and I guess had a change of heart.

He clenched his jaw and swung his arms from side to side with his fist balled before he punched the wall and walked away.

She turned to look at me and sighed loudly.

"Issa please stop. Okay? You comin up in here and startin shit ain't doin shit but stressing me out. And this stress isn't good for my baby." She cried. I looked at her as if she was crazy.

"Yo baby? From the looks of it you about what, 5 months? You carrying MY seed. That's my baby too. The hell you mean yo baby." I yell.

"MY baby, Issa. Just what I said. I'm not gonna let my child grow up around you and your childish ass. You're irresponsible and selfish and you just immature as shit!! You not gon do anything involving my child until you learn to get your shit straight. If I have to raise this baby on my own I will. Or even if I have to have somebody like Chris do it, I will." She says softly.

"That nigga ain't raising my seed." I say sternly.

"Then handle your responsibilities when I give you the chance. Be a man, Issa. Make a commitment! Grow up! And until you can actually show me you have a commitment to life and this child you can't come nowhere near me or my child." She stated in a serious tone folding her arms over her chest.

"Aight fine. Ima show you by the end of the month I'm already improved...." I state confidently.

"Yeah. We'll see." She shook her head and started pushing me back out the house. I stopped her and turned back around to face her.

"But what about us?" I look down at her. Her eyebrows raised and she put her hands on her hip.

"Us? There ain't no us anymore. Issa when there was an us it was just me in that big ass house. And if I can recall correctly you was out with every bitch in town but me. You had a great woman that woulda did anything you asked for. And you fucked up." She shrugged before closing the door.

I went back to my car and laid my head on the steering wheel. I ran my hands down my face and sighed.

I ain't got nobody to blame but myself. I ain't treat her right when I had the chance. Now I lost the opportunity havin her in and possibly our child in my life. Maybe I deserve this.