42.Goodbye, my love

I woke up on Sasuke's couch, but Sasuke was gone. It was dark out now, which meant a few hours had passed. Instantly I began to panic. I immediately ran up the stairs and to his bedroom. I pushed open the door and stopped in my tracks when I saw him, packing a backpack.

He looked worn out, as if he had recently been fighting. "Your leaving me?" I whispered looking at the ground, choking back tears.

Sasuke

Shit. She wasn't supposed to wake up.

"It's for your revenge, isn't it? Your joining Orochimaru, just like he said you would." Guilt, that's all I felt.

A single tear slipped down her cheek as she stared at the ground.

"Come with me." I blurted out. I don't know why I said it, but I did. Her eyes widened and she nodded. "I'll come with you, I'll find a way." She whispered the last part. What was she talking about.

"Sasuke, come here." She said smiling with tears rolling silently down her cheeks. (Que the sad Naruto music)

I walked over to her and she jumped into my arms, sobbing. "Knock me out before you go, because I won't be able to let you go. But let me say goodbye first." I nodded and she began.

"Goodbye McDuckButt. Eat right and don't be too cocky. Don't be a complete butt to Orochimaru, but don't be too nice. Keep your eyes open and sleep with one eye open. Train hard and keep moving forward, even if it means leaving me behind... Don't forget me, please please please don't forget. I love you, Sasuke."

She wiped her eyes with her sleeves then looked up at me and smiled. "You can knock me out now." I smirked.
"One last thing before I go." I pulled her forward, and kissed her. Her eyes widened surprised. We pulled away and I saw the tears where back.

"Goodbye, Kiamie. Don't do anything stupid and keep Naruto and Sakura safe. I'll never forget you, and I'll never stop loving you. Keep your head up and don't forget to smile, for me. Thank you."

Then I knocked her out.

**********************************

Kiamie

I woke up and yawned sitting up, then I remembered last night. I looked around the room. I was laying in Sasuke's bed, but Sasuke was gone.

Gone.

I got up and walked around the house, but as the rooms started to run out my hope started to fade.

I got dressed and walked to the kitchen, where a plate of cold rice balls sat on the counter. He must've made them for me.

I ate one then put the rest in the fridge. I locked the front door and slipped the keys into my pocket. I began walking out of the Uchiha compound, and I felt the tears started to well up. Keep it together Kia.

"KIAMIE! KIAMIE WHERE ARE YOU!" I heard Seiko yelling. "She's probably huddled in a corner crying her eyes out!" I walked out the compound and saw Seiko and Nari standing there.

"Kiamie, I'm guessing you already know about, um, yea,"

I nodded. "I know. He told me goodbye before he left." Don't cry, don't cry.

"Oh Kiamie..." Nari and Seiko pulled me into a hug. "You don't deserve this." Nari said softly, trying to cheer me up probably. "I hope they bring him back so I can beat the crap outta' him."

"They?" I asked suspiciously.

"Lady Tsunade sent a team to go retrieve Sasuke. Shikamaru was the leader. Naruto, Kiba, Nenji, and Choji went with him." I nodded.

"I'll see you guys later. I just want to be alone right now..." Seiko and Nari nodded and I ran all the way home.

My dad was standing on the porch with my mom. When they saw me coming there eyes filled with sadness. I ran into my dads arms and cried.

My mom joined the hug and I felt better. "Kia baby girl, I'm so sorry this happened." My mom said softly trying to calm me down. "He's gone...and he's not coming back!" I ran into the house down the hall to my room where I broke down.

I laid on my bed, feeling numb. My eyes were swollen, my cheeks tear stained. And at this moment I realized,

Even Angels Fall.