Once A Rebel Always A Rebel (Preview)

Author's Note:  This chapter is the preview for the long-short one shot. This will not  be updated until I get all the chapters written, and to do that I need  to get my hands on the dvds so I can take a look at the behind the  scenes of all three of the movies. So if you haven't then I hope you  enjoy this preview for the new story that is connected to The Rebel and  The Rebel and Her King (though how it's connected I will leave it to  your imagination until I do indeed update new chapters to it).

This  story is going to be connected to The Rebel, and The Rebel and Her  King. For those that haven't read those two stories, then click on my  account and have a happy time reading my creations so you understand the  story so far. That way, once your all caught up you can look forward to  this story in the future if your interested.

Disclaimer:  I do not own The Hobbit! I don't know any of the mentioned people  personally, or any of the places and how they work, this is only an  imagine of sort with a story line that I thought up. In this preview,  I've only added snippets of what's actually in the original story part  so any line break you see is a small glimpse of what's in the actual  chapter. Sort of like when you see a trailer for a movie, you only see  snippets of whats you're gonna see in the movie. Anyway, I hope you  enjoy this small 'trailer' and I hope it catches your interest. Enjoy  reading!

There indeed lay Thorin Oakenshield, wounded  with many wounds, and his rent armour and notched axe were cast upon  the floor. He looked up as Bilbo came beside him.

"Farewell,  good thief," he said. "I go now to the halls of waiting to sit beside  my fathers, until the world is renewed. Since I leave now all gold and  silver, and go where it is of little worth, I wish to part in friendship  from you, and I would take back my words and deeds at the Gate."

Bilbo  knelt on one knee filled with sorrow. "Farewell, King under the  Mountain!" he said. "This is a bitter adventure, if it must end so; and  not a mountain of gold can amend it. Yet I am glad that I have shared in  your perils—that has been more than any Baggins deserves."

"No!"  said Thorin. "There is more in you of good than you know, child of the  kindly West. Some courage and some wisdom, blended in measure. If more  of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a  merrier world. But sad or merry, I must leave now. Farewell!"

Then  Bilbo turned away, and he went by himself, and sat alone wrapped in a  blanket, and, whether you believe it or not, he wept until his eyes were  red and his voice was hoarse. He was a kindly soul. Indeed it was long  before he had the heart to make a joke again. "A mercy it is," he said  at last to himself, "that I woke up when I did. I wish Thorin were  living, but I am glad that we parted in kindness. You are a fool, Bilbo  Baggins, and you made a great mess of that business with the stone; and  there was a battle, in spite of all your efforts to buy peace and quiet,  but I suppose you can hardly be blamed for that."

The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. Chapter XVIII "The Return Journey."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"An  interview?" A woman, Valerie, questioned sitting across another woman  in a little family owned café that was run by Valerie, her two nephews  and her niece.

"Yes, my boss would like to meet with you and your family." The woman, Hannah, said with a smile.

"What kind of interview?" One of Valerie's nephews, Brian, questioned.

"Well,  you see I work in productions, and my boss is having trouble recruiting  extras that meet a certain criteria." Hannah stated, rubbing the back  of her head in embarrassment. "So, it's not really an interview...more  like they want to see if you'll be right for the part in the production  as an extra. We think you four will be perfect for the parts."