A Small Crush

Phil's POV

   Dan and I wait outside the restaurant for Sam and Chloe. We see them walk around the corner.
   "They're here." I tell Dan. As soon as I say this, Dan starts acting different. Kinda like he wants to impress somebody. Hmm whatever. He probably just doesn't want to look like an idiot in public. You never know who's watching.
   "Hey guy!" Sam cheers.
   "Hi." Dan says.
   "Hope you're hungry." I say as I open the door for everybody.
   "Oh, I'm starving." Chloe says over dramatically. We all laugh.
   They sit us down at a booth. I sit next to Dan, Dan across from Sam and Sam next to Chloe. We order our food and start chatting. We talk nonstop until our food arrives. We talk less as we eat. Dan still seems a bit off. I text him under the table and ask.

Bold is Dan normal is Phil:

Hey are you alright?

Yeah why wouldn't I be?

You seem a bit off

Fine. I'll explain later

   "This is really good. Thanks for bringing up here!" Chloe exclaims.
   "Yeah no problem." Dan says.
   "Hey Dan. We have to go pick up that person from the airport." I say trying to keeping who we are getting a secret.
   "Who?" Sam asks.
   "No one. Just a friend. You'll know soon enough." Dan explains.
   "You guys better go then." Chloe says. She knows who we are getting.
   "Yeah but the food." I say.
   "Don't worry I'll pay." Sam says. She really hates it when people aren't picked up on time.
   "I can't let you do that." Dan protests.
   "You can and you will. Now go!" She exclaims.
   "Ok see you guys later!" I call.
   "Bye guys!" Chloe replies.
   Dan and I call a taxi and head to the airport. We are going to go pick up Yuki, Sam's best friend. We wait out front for her. When we see her we give her a wave.
   "Dan! Phil! Long time no see." She says, pulling us into a hug.
   "Yeah. You need to visit us more." Dan says with a smile.
   "Don't worry. I plan on doing so." She says with an energetic smile.
   "Ok good. One thing. Samantha doesn't know you're here. We want to surprise her." I say
   "Got it. Now off we go." She cheers.
   We go home and pay the taxi guy. We walk up the many stairs and knock on Samantha and Chloe's door. Thankfully Chloe opens the door.
   "Hey guys! Come on in!" She cheers.
   "Sam! Get down here!" I yell.
   "One minute!" She yells back.
   "Chloe! It's been so long!" Yuki exclaims quietly.
   "It has! Now hide behind Dan." Chloe directs.
   "Why me?" Dan asks.
   "Because you're the tallest and it's easy to hide behind you." I say.
   "Hey guys. What's up?" Sam asks.
   "Remember how we went to pick up a person earlier?" I start.
   "Well..." Dan says stepping aside.
   "Sam!!!" Yuki screams.
   "Yuki!!!" Sam squeals.
   "We have some catching up to do." Chloe says with loads of excitement.
   "To my room." Sam says as they walk to her room to talk.
   Now it's just me and Dan. Now is my chance to ask why he was being so different today.
   "Hey Dan?" I say with a questioning tone.
   "Yeah?" He replies.
   "Why were you so off today?" I ask.
   "What do you mean?"
   "You were acting completely normal outside the restaurant and then Sam and Chloe came and you started acting different."
   "Phil. I'm fine."
   "Just tell me why you were so off!" I say slightly louder than before.
   "Fine." He says with a pause, "I like her."
   "Who?" I ask. I swear if he says Sam, I will not be a happy Phil.
   "S-Sam." He stutters. He knew I wouldn't be too happy.
   "Dan." I say. I really don't want to freak out, but I can't help it.
   "I know,Phil. I'm going to try to forget these feelings. It will be hard, knowing her as long as I have,but it can be done."
   "Thank you. You know why don't want you two together, right?"
   "Um no not really."
   "What if the internet doesn't approve? Sure she doesn't listen but words will get to her at one point. I don't want her to get hurt from being with you. Which brings me to my next point. Let's say you guys break up, I don't like seeing her sad. Not to mention how awkward it would be when she visits."
   "I'm guessing you don't want your sister hating your best friend."
   "Yes. Thank you for understanding."

Sam's POV

   "So girls! Tell me all the gossip!" Yuki exclaims.
   "You never change, do you?" Chloe asks playfully.
   "Nope. Spill!" She says.
   "There's not really any gossip these days." I say, hoping Chloe does t bring up the elevator incident.
   "Did you see the video? The elevator incident." Chloe says.
   "Yeah! Who was with you?" Yuki squeals.
   "Dan." I hesitate.
   "OTP ohhhh I ship it!" Yuki cheers.
   "No, it's not like that." I try to explain.
   "I don't know, I've seen the way you look at him." Chloe says with a smirk.
   "So what if I do like him? It's not like he likes me back. Besides Phil wouldn't approve." I say defensively.
   "He obviously likes you!" Yuki says.
   "Yeah and I'm the queen." I say sarcastically.
   "It's an honor to meet you, your majesty." Chloe jokes.
   "Haha so funny. Wait what time is it?" I ask. It's getting dark and I upload my videos at a certain time.
   "6:30. Why?" Chloe says.
   "I have to upload my video at eight. There it should be done on time."  I say
   "I should get going to my hotel. You guys can't convince me to stay either. I paid money for that room and I will use it." Yuki said with her business tone.
   "Ok bye Yuki." I say and pull her into a hug.
   "See ya Yuki." Chloe says joining our hug.
   "Bye girls. I'll be back." She says as she leaves my flat. I missed her.