Chapter 62 -

Harry's POV

Four months.

It's been four months of me just trying to figure out what to do next. It's strange how a single person can mean so much to you. So when you loose them, you're forced to change things about and for yourself.

I noticed how much I was being controlled by my career and the people around me. I noticed how much James was controlling my life. I couldn't handle it anymore. Without Cailin, everything changed with the guys. We weren't as close as before. Before, we would hang out with each other on our time off. Now, we avoided each other.

After the tour ended, we all got time off. But with all the issues with Cailin, it didn't feel like time off at all. Time off really only came after Willow's funeral. That's when we all went our separate ways. I went to Italy to visit Jess because she had been on a job there. Louis went to England to visit his family. Zayn went to Australia with some of his friends. Not once during those two months did we contact each other.

I knew I was to blame for Cailin leaving us but I knew that they also blamed themselves a bit as well for not doing anything about it.

Seeing Jess was the best thing I could do at that moment. It was nice seeing her chasing after her modeling career. Seeing her walking down runways made it all real. I knew Jess was still in contact with Cailin. So of course I asked about her, just to know how she was going. I learned that she had signed onto a new record label and that Liam was the one who had been managing her. Cailin was never one to stay still. I knew that one way or the other she was going to get back on her feet and chase after a career where no one could control her.

" you look great" a soft voice came from my bedroom door.

I turned around as my fingers played with the tips of my dress shirt. I looked at the girl I once again called my girlfriend.

Lia.

I watched her walk into my bedroom dressed in a short white dress with long red heels on. She looked confident yet cautious.

It had been about a month since we decided to try again with our relationship. After Cailin decided she needed to get her life back together alone, I decided to apologize to Lia after everything I did to her. She deserved better. But after a couple of weeks of just talking and catching up, Lia brought up the idea of getting back together. I didn't really know what to do. First, because I was still in love with Cailin no matter what I did. Second, I was afraid I'd hurt Lia again like I had done times before. But one thing I did know was that Lia was a good person to have in my life. She was able to somehow control many of the things that I did.

I knew I could learn to love her, maybe not as much as Cailin but somewhere close to it.

So I accepted her offer. When the boys found out the first day back into the studio, they just rolled their eyes and went straight into writing. During my time off, I wrote songs just about every day. Just as anyone can imagine, they were all about Cailin.

The ride to the VMAs was quiet. It was just me and the boys. Lia took a different car with her co-stars just behind us. Exactly one year ago, the four of us including Cailin were all joking around in this car excited about the VMAs. We were excited about our first nominations. Today, it was all different. This didn't feel fun, like it was a year ago. This felt like work, which it actually was.

As we all stepped out of the car, immediately we plastered smiles on our faces. We need to at least fake it, as James would say. Even he knew that our relationship as a group was going down hill.

Truthfully, I didn't know how long All Oblivion would last without Cailin.

All three of us took a couple of pictures with the fans and then were forced onto the red carpet to take pictures in front of the photographers. During the first couple shots, I looked over to my left and saw Cailin just finishing up with her pictures at the end of the carpet.

Four months.

Four months since I last saw her. She looked gorgeous. Beautiful. She looked healthy again. Last time I saw her she was underweight, bones were showing all because if the drugs she had been using. But now she looked healthy.... and happy. I watched her talk to interviewers with a smile on her faces. Not once did our eyes meet.

I heard screams of fans from my right side, only to see Lia and her costars walking onto the red carpet. Soon enough Lia walked over to where I was and kissed me on the cheek in front of all the cameras. This was the first time since we got back together that were posing together in front of the cameras. She wanted to make it official to the world again and I couldn't say no to her. So I wrapped my hand around her waist pulling her closer to me.

As we made it official to the world, I couldn't help but look over to look at Cailin. Only to see that she wasn't there anymore.

*

" please welcome the new and improved Cailin Reed!" The host announced.

I knew Cailin would be performing at tonight's event, but I didn't really know what to expect. I felt nervous for her.

As the music started, she started walking out in a long dress that made her look angelic. The crowd went wild as she began to sing out the first couple of versus of her new song. Dancers came out as well acted out the lyrics of the song.

All I saw was her and no one else. All I heard was her, no one else. 

When she finished the song, I stood up immediately clapping for her amazing performance. I saw her smile and that was all that mattered. She was happy. She was proud of herself. Everyone in the audience had also stood up to cheer her, including Lia who had been sitting beside me. I had forgotten about her which made me worry, had I been so obvious about my attention on Cailin?

For a moment I caught her looking over at my direction. At least I'd like to think it was direction. As our met for the first time in months my smile could help but grow wider. She smiled right back at me making me realize that I was nowhere near over this girl.

~

Sorry for the late update.

As always everything has been crazy. I got back from my vacation last week and once again I am moving. I legit feel like a gypsy. I need to stop moving all over the place lol

So this was a short and sweet chapter that I just wanted to give you an insight into Harry's mindset at the moment.

The next chapter is in fact the last chapter of Just For Show.

There will be a sequel but not right away. I need to sort some things out but it will come. Max two months.

Please comment below letting me know what you all think of this story and what you think will happen in the last chapter

Spread the love <3