Chapter 39 - " if you want go ahead Harry. It's not like you have a girlfriend"

" It's so different here. The people here are amazing. I'm loving it all" I said into my cellphone.

" I'm happy for you. I'm stuck working during Christmas" Niall sighed.

" what do you mean?" I asked.

" my dad felt the need to give me more responsibility at the company so that means I have a lot of paper work to turn in right after Christmas, the day after tomorrow" he said.

I didn't expect him to spend the holidays with his family. He hadn't done that in years. I remember the first time he spent Christmas with my family. He had never truly experience a Christmas family gathering before. It was amazing to the the smile on his face that night.

During that time, Christmases like that were so normal that I ended up taking it for granted. I remember my dad always trying to make me sing with him by the fire place in front of our family and friends but I would always shrug him away too embarrassed as a kid.

Waking up today, I would give anything to be able to sing with him by the fire place.

" have you heard from Willow?" I asked hoping for an answer that I wanted.

It's been almost two months since I last heard of Willow and it worried me. I know that I should have tried harder to reach out to her.

" still nothing Cai.." Niall said.

" she'll come around" I hoped.

Soon after, Niall hung up going back to work. If staying in bed all day could ease my mind, that's exactly what I would do. But that doesn't happen in real life. I picked myself off the bed and walked over to the window. I pulled away the curtains to see the beautiful outskirts of England. I could see the sun already setting. The timezone here was completely messing up my day.

I quickly put on a pair of sweatpants and a tank top. Tying my hair in a knot, I quickly made it out of the room. Knowing that Harry's room was right across from mine I went straight to it. I felt like a little kid again trying to sneak into a boys bedroom. I shook my head with a smile at my attitude.

Just as I was about to open his door, I heard him having a conversation with someone.

" what do you mean?" he argued.

I could clearly hear him pace around the room.

" it's not like that! I don't want it like before" he sighed.

What the hell was he talking about?

Before he could accuse me of easedropping, I slowly opened the door causing Harry to look at me with a shocked face. I looked back at him confused by his reaction.

" I gotta go" Harry said before hanging up the phone with James.

" who was that?" I asked closing the door behind me.

Harry subconsiously ran his fingers through his hair making me know that he was nervous about something.

" just Jess" he sighed.

" okay" I said not wanting to push him for an answer.

Harry threw his phone onto his bed and avoided my eyes. I was starting to feel like coming to England was becoming too much for him. Last night with the reunion with Louis family might have been a little too much for him.

Even though Louis' mom had set up separate bedrooms for Harry and I, I expected Harry to sneak into my room in the middle of the night. I kept waking up in the middle of the night hoping to see him beside me.

" do you wanna go out tonight?" he asked.

" where?" I asked back.

" this bar in town. I used to go there all the time" he shrugged.