Chapter 59 - "I forgive you"

Arriving at Willow's funeral service was extremely nerve wracking. Even though Liam had come with me, I somehow felt alone. Seeing Willow's beautiful face on a big picture in front of her casket was heart breaking.

I was afraid to face her family. From the way Niall talked about his family, I knew they were all high and mighty. I could only imagine how they reacted to the way Willow passed away.

I had never met Willow's father before. She had never really talked about her family because she didn't like to. All I knew was what Niall had once told me. Willow's mother had left her and her father when she was just a toddler. But her father and the rest of their family painted a pretty picture for her and the rest of the world. That family had a lot of money and didn't like to be talked about.

I could only imagine what Willow had gone through with her family while her same was in the tabloids. I should have been there for her. But I wasn't.

I looked down at my black dress checking if I looked presentable before facing her family. My hands were shaking as I took steps forwards.

As I got closer to her father, he looked more and more intimidating. He was a tall man with a lot of facial hair, but the facial hair looked well kept. But was scared me the most about this encounter was the way he held no emotion in his facial expression. It was like he had a wall blocking any emotion from escaping for people to see. It didn't make sense to me. This was his daughter's funeral.

I walked up to him and he immediately recognized me.

" what are you doing here?" He asked me in a harsh tone.

At first I froze in place. I should have expected this kind of reaction but I really wasn't expecting anything. I hadn't thought about it really.

" I'm so sorry" I whispered.

" this is all your fault. If it wasn't for you, Willow would still be here" he glared at me.

This time I stayed quiet. I knew he was right. It really was my fault. If it wasn't for me, Willow would had probably gone back home after a couple of rough months for her with the agency. If it wasn't for me, she wouldn't had gone down spiral like she did. I abandoned her and that's why she isn't here anymore.

At that point I felt like I couldn't breathe anymore. I felt as if I was about to have a panic attack in front of everyone here.

" uncle Keith, I invited Cailin. Willow would have wanted her here" Niall said as he stepped in front of me.

" well after today, I don't ever want to see her again" Willow's father declared before walking away. As I watched her father walk away, my anxiety disappeared. It was a relief that he was away from my sight.

Then Niall turned to me with a soft smile.

" are you okay?" He asked.

" I don't know yet" I shrugged.

He immediately pulled me in for a hug, trying to comfort.  But I still felt alone. When Niall heard about what had happened. I tried to avoid answering his questions. It was a bit too much for me to handle. When he realized what I was doing, he stopped asking questions. Instead he asked Liam the questions. Unfortuntely for them, I had heard the whole conversation.

Liam had told Niall about our drug abuse. Niall already knew about WIllow, but he was shocked about me. But I was glad he hadn't brought it up to me, yet. I wasn't ready to talk about it.

" I'm gonna go use the bathroom, are you good, Cai?" Liam asked as he looked around the funeral home.

I simply nodded my head.