Vampire's Lust: 11

Chapter 11

We trudged our foots against the wet ground as we made our way to Daniel. We didn't know where he is, but instinct told me to go this way. 

When we landed, it was the worst fall I think I ever had. The first time I fell from a teleportation, it wasn't that bad, but this was much heavier than ever. It's like a huge hurricane had pushed us from South Pole to North Pole. Ok I was joking, I was just exaggerating, but the feeling was just there. 

Grace was unfortunate, because she landed hard against a tree and fell, which her shoulder blade had been scratched by a sharp tree trunk. 

My jacket protected me a little, but I was injured too, but being a vampire means you heal fast. 

I had wrapped part of the fabric from my jacket around her injured shoulder and her foot had twisted a little, so I had to slow down to wait for her often. 

Trekking up a hill, it was enclosed with trees, foreign plants I have never seen before. I was used to nature like this, enjoying every single detail that forms this place. But somehow, this place gives me the wrongness that eats me up. 

It was as if something wasn't right. Like how Mrs Hunter was there the other day. 

Thinking back, I wondered whether Mrs Hunter was really the bad witch. I mean she looks nice and all from the outside, but is she really

Percy was there that very first day, the face of disappointment when he saw Jake put his arm around me, trying to act 'cool'. Jake is a great friend, he protects us, like a brother, but the fact that when I looked right into Percy's eyes, I knew it was the gravest mistake I've ever committed. 

From that sight, I knew he was my mate-I mean he IS my mate-and I can't deny that fact one bit. I wouldn't reject him in any way, only if I wasn't in such a mess. 

I am a vampire, and will stay as one. I can reject Percy, but it'll hurt, and moreover if I did, I'll regret everything I've done to him. 

Lead him to love me, lead him into knowing I had feelings for him. 

I just knew it, from the moment he walked into my life, I felt everything was so right. From the moment I looked into his eyes, I knew I had to make him mine. 

But the only problem was, I didn't want to hurt him. I was afraid

It was different, vampires aren’t usually afraid of many things other than a stake right through their hearts, but for me? It seems like something else more worse than stake could scare me.

I'm a vampire; it means I could get hungry from smelling sweet-tasting blood. It would be terrible if I tried to kill someone I loved. 

Love? Did I just say that? 

I shook my head rapidly, clearing out any ideas that seem to form randomly in my head. For now, I just needed to find Daniel. 

"Karls!" Grace gasped from behind and I heard something fell. I responded and turn to look and saw Grace had collapsed to the ground, dead tired. 

Her face was paled, drained of energy. Her forehead formed sweat droplets that were visible under the sun rays. The blood that had managed to escape from the wound dirtied her white shirt. 

She was in a bad condition. 

I kneeled down beside her and helped her up, but she shook her head. 

"What's wrong?" I looked at her, wondering why she suddenly fell and not wanting my help. She was tired already, and if we don't move on, we're never going to find Daniel.