Vampire's Lust: 2

Letting the wind that swept past my face, I enjoyed every second of it. The wonderful feeling of being free from the world..but not free from myself was a little painful and saddening, but the wonderful feeling of freedom was the one that keeps me going. I picked up speed as both of us ran deeper and deeper into the quiet and dark forest. The forest that we would always go to whenever we wanted to quench our thirst. The forest that provides the peace to all answers of my heart and I can't deny how much I loved it.

I started to love the nature. The one that tells me my parents spirits are with us. The one that could let me explore every part of it, to show me so much more than just a children's bed time story.

Yes that's how much I love about the forest. That pleasant feeling even when I'm a vampire. I still could feel it and have feelings..

Digging my fingertips into a tree trunk, I hooked myself upwards to the top of the tree and continue speeding. Daniel saw me up there and snorted.

Yup, we love to play this game whereby we would see who can run fast when on the top of the trees.

So he did the same and now we're running to where our 'food' storage always held at.

Coming to a halt, we dropped back to the forest ground and crouched low, listening to those quiet murmurs of the little animals. Some were asleep. Some were crying because of their poor parents leaving them.

Our eyes turned black a little just by smelling something close to us and before I knew it, I went charging straight to that innocent victim. My brother gave me the chance to do it first and I was glad, because I wasn't strong to control my blood lust now.

Sinking my teeth roughly into that poor animal's soft and delicate neck, I tore it open to drink very ounce of it, not leaving behind a single drop of it. That pure bliss of feeling for that blood flowed through my lips, satisfying my vampire's thirst, but not so fully.

Percy's blood soon clouded my mind and I had to find a way to stop thinking. So, I roughly threw that poor animal's body to one side and went deeper into the forest to feed on more.

Turns out even after drinking so much, I still have the urge to just want to taste one drop of Percy's blood. And now I don't know what I'm going to do.. I don't know how to survive with him trying not to sink my teeth into him. That painful thought rushed through my head and the next thing didn't surprise me. I was bent forward and my head began throbbing.

Seeing me in the middle of the forest feeling hurt, Daniel immediately sensed something was wrong with me and came to my side. He placed his hands on my shoulders and slowly shook me, waking me up from that terrible pain that inflict on me for a second or two earlier.

"Karls?" He whispered softly, and even the owls I probably know, could hear us from where we were. The forest was just dead silent, only both of our breathing was heard. Our heartbeat beating faintly, but not too much.

"I can't do this..." I whispered and what I never expect was that I started sobbing. Then that sobbing became cries of pain. Crying because I didn't know what I'll do with Percy. Crying because I had wished I wasn't a vampire to feel this way. Crying because.... I feel hopeless and weak in every matter I was in... I am weak and I hate that fact...

"Shhh..." He shushed me and held me close to him, wrapping me with his arms tightly around my small body, he rocked back and forth like a mother would do. I just miss them...

I didn't stop crying, but now everything just feels right. I could cry because only Daniel knew. I can cry because when those tears that fall, Daniel will be there to catch and helped me through.