Vampire's Lust: 7

Chapter 7

I was woken up with a beeping noise that was beside me and that didn’t help my day. It was irritating.

Beep! Beep!

Feeling exhausted, without opening my eyes, I allowed my hands to move on its own accord and tried to find the alarm clock that was trying to disturb my wonderful nap, but the more I tried to find, I just couldn’t feel anything. Where was it?

Beep! Beep!

My eyebrows were then pulled into a frown as I knew something wasn’t right. Usually my alarm clock was always on the table, so where was it? And why is there the beeping sound so very often? Where was the sound coming from?

Beep! Beep!

I groaned in annoyance and flipped to the other side, pulling a pillow over, but then stop short. Something wasn’t right, I’m sure of that fact. I froze momentarily when I tried to pull the ‘pillow’. My hands slowly released the ‘pillow’ that I had just grabbed to cover my ears and turned back to the very first position I was in. My eyes slowly open and the first thing I saw was a person. A male. Definitely. But what was he doing here? My eyes were now fully opened and my mind then processed who this person was.

Daniel? But-

A grunt came from his mouth and for a second, I almost wanted to kill him. What the hell is he doing in my bed? What the-

“Karls?” his puzzled voice nearly made me giggle. I wonder when was the last time we slept together as siblings? When we were younger, I was always afraid of the thunderstorm, so very often, we slept together, and my brother will be my protector to protect me from those awful thunderous sounds that scares me.

We did this often and loved each other’s company until we turned fifteen, our parents did not want us to sleep together anymore, because now that we are older, it will be weird for siblings to sleep together. And since we are grown ups, we ought to respect each other’s privacy, so I had reluctantly agreed to it, when in fact, I missed my brother’s hold that would tell me everything was alright.

Now sleeping beside him, my tears nearly fell out again, his arms which now wound around me protectively; I can’t help but to let out a tear. I miss him. This him. The arms which still tells me that they will protect me, that told me that everything will be fine; my heart ached from that thought.

A sob threatened to pour out of me as I stared at the brother I used to always have, his peaceful look that pasted on his young face, brings back the memories of our younger times we used to share, the times we were together, I missed that brother. It even reminded me of when we were just humans, when there are no such things as vampires, king, queens, werewolves, and witches, all of these. Just my brother and I, things were just so perfect till now…

“Carol? Are you crying?” at the sound of my nickname, I look back to my brother and my most vulnerable look was soon exposed. All the times when we were just a little kid, when we bullied each other, but still protected each other, a tear rolled out of my eye. All the times when there were just two of us, when we promised that we will be together till the end, we were even after we were turned, we were still together. A tear fell. When I stared at those eyes, it reminded me the reason to live, the reason why were so close in the first place, reminded me that this was the real brother I ever had. I miss those times, so why now? Why us? A tear dropped, and my heart broke at that very second, why? What is happening to us? Why?

“Karls? What happen?” his panic look came into vision and I sobbed harder. But he never asked anymore for now, he just held me tight in his arms. His arms…that tell me so much of our past, the times and memories we had, I broke down for the second time of my life after I’m a vampire.