Chapter 17- Dawnables

---------------------------------------------

SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY!!!!!! I'M SO SORRY THIS WASN'T POSTED EARLIER!!! But now here it is, and hopefully many more to come sooner than this one did! So...this chapter was originally a lot of angst from Dawn, but now it's more action-oriented, just to please you guys who have been waiting FOREVER for this. Without further ado, here we go!

---------------------------------------------

The tears began to fall. A drop of blood beaded out at the knife's point. Ky shut his eyes and thought hard. Shane, Jack, Dawn. Who else's life should he ruin? Shane, Jack, Dawn. Who would be strong enough? Shane, Jack, Dawn. Who...who...Adam, Hannah, Toby. Who's friend should he choose? Would they be happy or mad that he chose their friend? Who wouldn't hold a grudge when I'm forced at knife point to screw up someone's life in a major way? He squeezes his eyes shut even harder, focusing on the faces of the others. Adam, Hannah, Toby...His eyes open slowly, settling on one face. 

"I...I choose..." he says, "I choose Dawnables." Immediately, his captor lets him go and runs out of the room, door slamming and locking behind him. Ky crumbles to the ground, weak from what just happened. Hannah knelt over him in concern. 

"Ky? Ky, are you okay?" she asks. 

"Yeah...I'll be fine in a minute." he says weakly. Slowly, he opens his eyes and looks up at the circle of concerned faces. He smiles up at them, seeking out the one that isn't there. Adam. He sits up quickly, his head a bit dizzy and sees Adam off to the side, back to the group.

"Adam?" he asks hesitantly. 

"Yeah?" Adam says back.

"Can you turn and face me?" Ky asks. Ever so slowly, Adam turns around to face Ky. And his face...is an expression of infinite sadness. The feeling that he did something wrong shoots through Ky. 

"Adam? Wha-what's wrong?" he asks. Adam opens his mouth to respond. 

"I-I broke up with her..."

---------------------------------------------

Dawn sighed. She was BOOOORED. Since her breakup with Adam, she had lost the urge to go anywhere. It was a bad breakup, built on a misunderstanding that left them both with broken hearts. What was supposed to be the greatest day of his life had quickly become the worst ever for her fiancee. She sighed again and threw her plush Creeper doll at the wall. It wasn't fair. How come everything he planned ended up just perfect, but when she tried to do something nice, it ended up in shambles? He had the luck of the devil on his side, as her mom had once said. 

But now his luck had run out. Before she had the chance to explain what had REALLY happened, he went and got kidnapped or disappeared or something. His friends Jason and Ty were running around California, trying to find any sign of him. They had found nothing at all. Whoever these people were, they were professionals. 

"It's not FAIR." she said out loud.

Her computer, sitting on the desk, chimed a familiar note. It meant that she had an e-mail. She got up off the bed and went over to it. Her e-mail was the first thing open since Ty had promised to email her first thing if they found any leads. The email she just got was right at the top of her inbox. The title was: Hey Beautiful. Her heart leapt.

"Adam?" she whispered, barely daring to hope. It was her ex-boyfriend's email address. Maybe he had escaped and was willing to give her a second chance? She clicked it open and her heart fell through the floor. It read:

Hello Dawn.

We know you're reading this. We also know you're home alone right now. You may try to run, but I assure you, we will get you. For you see, we are coming to kidnap you, just like we did to your precious Adam. Don't try anything funny, and we won't hurt you. You have two minutes and counting.