He Assigns Me Homework, Gives Me Detention, Then kisses me? WTF! **Teacher** 12

I woke up around midnight.

“Shit, Tristan wake up I fell asleep!” I jumped out of his arms, which was a big mistake since it was freezing. I pulled on my clothes, wishing I had time for a shower.

“Mm, a few more minutes.” He mumbled in slumber. I shook my head and growled. It was way too far to walk.

“Wake up! My mother is probably worried!” I hit his chest and he jumped up, pinning me to the bed. His eyes were wild and his look murderous.

“Tristan it’s me. Calm down. It’s Andy.” I said in a soothing voice. He regained a look of composure and got of the bed.

“Sorry…reflexes.” But somehow I doubted a normal person had such reflexes. I nodded my head though, to please him. “I have to leave.” I gestured to my watch.

“Ok. Give me a few minutes, I’ll meet you in the car.” He tossed me the keys to his truck and I followed his orders. I took one last look before I left the room and saw his face. He looked scared and lonely. Two emotions I never witnessed Tristan having before.

The car was warm by the time he came out of the house, dressed in sweatpants and a White T.

We didn’t speak one word to each other the entire ride. The streets were empty and he didn’t even put the radio on.

“Are you mad?” I whispered as he stopped in front of my house. “Was I not…good?” I didn’t feel embarrassed asking him, just scared.

He took my hand in his and met my eyes. “You are amazing, always were and always will be. There are things you don’t know about me and I don’t want you to know. A dark side of me that I can’t hide sometimes. But when I am with you, it’s so easy to just be me. And I always want to be with you…” he kissed my finger tips and I felt a flutter in my chest.

“Too bad. Timing was just off by a few years.” I said. I felt my eyes watered and thanked God it was too dark for him to see.

“We’ll see. Things can change.” He pulled me in for a kiss. I kissed him like it was our last, since technically, it was.

“I think I love you Andy Parker.” He whispered against my lips. I couldn’t help it and felt the tears fall down. I kissed him and sobbed. Before he could say anything I ran out the door and onto my porch, not looking back. I felt my heart tug as I heard his engine roar and leave the driveway, wishing for the first time I was someone else. Someone older…. at least I would have had a chance with him…

By the time I woke up in the morning my mother was gone to work, and angry note left on the kitchen table. My sister smiled smugly as I read her heated words. At least I wasn’t grounded…

“So where were you so late?” my sister asked, eating her pop tart.

“Neruda’s.” I murmured. My voice was raw from sobbing all night and I knew my eyes were red. I did my best with makeup, but you couldn’t hide the look in my eyes.

“Wrong. Mom called Neruda’s and she said you were at detention.” She smiled. “Try again.”

“Shut up! Okay I don’t need anymore drama than I already have in my life, okay?” I screamed, my voice cracked with emotion and I felt more tears, if possible, threaten to fall. Her face dropped the smug look and she became concerned.

“Andy, are in any type of trouble?” she sat next to me and took my hand.

“It’s something you wouldn’t understand.”

“I’m not that young.”

“Yes you are…”

“Okay, maybe I am…but my teachers say I am way too mature for my age.” She smiled and I laughed hugging her. It was these rare moments that I treasured with my sister.