He Assigns Me Homework, Gives Me Detention, Then kisses me? WTF! **Teacher** 4

After promising Shirley I would do her math homework for the week, I finally got out of cheerleading early, just making it to the front steps at 2:59.

“Hey, where’ve you been?” My mom had her sunglasses covering her eyes.

“Sorry, Shirley needed me to stay for a couple of minutes.” I strapped on my seat belt and stuffed my uniform into my backpack. I had dressed pretty comfortable for cleaning and decided not to worry.

The ride to Premont was pretty silent. Caroline was at her friends, yet again, while we did this. She never offered to come and help and mom wasn’t going to force her. While we passed the huge colonial houses, I felt a twinge of jealousy run through me. I never once was ungrateful for the life I had. Cello lessons, summer camp twice, an awesome mom who trusted me completely and an ok sister. But when I drove through this part of town, the richest part, I thought about the times I caught my mother crying because we were so behind in bills. Or times when she was addicted to adderrall, she was taking it to help her stay up and do triple shifts. Those darker days were gone, but they could have been much brighter, if only…

            We pulled into the driveway of the house of the client. It was the most gorgeous house on the street. Three stories high, yellow with a huge wrap around porch. It looked well taken care of on the outside, but I knew better than anyone how deceiving appearances could be.

            “Can you grab those two totes sweetheart.” My mom slammed the door of the jeep and opened the back hatch, taking out three bags. She must have borrowed these things, because we certainly did not own a $300 vacuum.

            I walked up the steps to the front door and looked around. I always wanted one of those huge porches that you could put a swing on and sit in front of a small fire. I sighed, knowing that would never happen.

            The door was open, and I heard my mother talking to someone. She sounded flirty, so it must have been a man. I took a look around the house and noticed the dust settling on…everything. The furniture was covered in white sheets, making the house look like the perfect horror scene. I dropped one of the heavy bins near the living room and brought the other towards the kitchen where the voices were. I heard a chuckle that sent shivers up and down my arms, but brushed it off. I nudged the door open with my foot and turned to introduce myself. I dropped the box before I could however.

            “Andy, you never mentioned your new teacher!” My mother had her hand resting on Mr. Taylors arm. He was leaning against the counter in a plain white shirt and basketball shorts, very casual. My eyes must have been the size of saucers, but I shook my head anyway.

            “I didn’t think it was important.” My lips were tight with anger and I knew he could sense it, because his smirk became wider.

            “Oh dear, I didn’t know this was your mother Andromeda. She is lovely.” He smiled for my mother, a beautiful smile, and winked in my direction. I rolled my eyes.

            “Mhm, I’m sure you didn’t realize our last names her parker, or her name was on my contact sheet at school.” I muttered, unpacking the bin I dropped. This was the kitchen cleaning supplies. I placed a few bottles on the island counter while my mother and teacher chatted. I could tell she was attracted to him. Her hips swayed a bit as she talked, and her mouth curved ever so slightly, almost teasingly.

            “Well Mr. Taylor if you want your house clean, we better get started,” I said interrupting their conversation about my homework.

            “Yes, very well then. I’ll be upstairs in my room. If you need me, just come on up.” He smiled at my mother while she turned and then smirked in my direction. He moved passed me, brushing me slightly, even though there was plenty room for him to pass. I sighed and clicked my tongue. How dare he flirt with my mother! He just gave me detention, then made a perverted comment about my shirt, and now he’s trying to get in her pants!