Chapter 38

**One Week Later**

**Harry's POV**

"I just don't get it," I said talking to Louis and Liam whom were sitting at the old kitchen we were in, while Zayn and Niall were out getting us a meal. "Why isn't she getting any better?" It's been a whole week and Jade hasn't healed one bit. She's still sore, paler than usual, and  is too weak to walk. 

"I don't know, Harry," Liam said.

"Did we give her enough venom?" I asked frantically pacing back and forth in the kitchen, trying to come up with solutions.

"Harry, you gave  her plenty. Maybe it just needs some time to react," Liam suggested. I stopped and turned to face him, running my hands through my curls and rubbing my eyes with my palms.

"It's been plenty of time! It should've worked by now! She should be up and about, healthy and strong! I just don't get it," I said becoming frustrated.

 "Well..." Liam said, trailing off. I stared at him waiting, but he never continued.

"What, what well?" I asked. He said nothing, "Tell me Liam!"  I demanded.

"Well.. She did lose a lot of blood, Harry.. The cuts were deep, and on her veins. I'm surprised she didn't...." He stopped.

"She wouldn't of died I was right fucking there, I saved her of course! She's not going to die!" I said, trying to make me sound right, although I knew he was right.

"Wouldn't she have already died though?" Louis said. I looked at him with a glare. 

"Really, Lou?" I asked.

"I'm being realistic. If she was going to, she would've already," Louis said. Even though it hurt, it still made me feel better knowing she wasn't going to. But I hated having to think she could've died.

"Well..." Liam started up again.

"Oh geez, Liam. What now?!" I asked slamming my fists on the table they were leaning on.

"She could still, possibly," He said. 

"What?! No, no! She cannot!" I said coming at him. He put his hand in front of him, stopping me.

"Look, Harry. She isn't getting any better, is she?" He asked stating the obvious. I looked down. "All I'm  saying is if she doesn't get better soon, then..." He stopped, again.

"Then, what Liam?" I asked, half not wanting to know the answer, already knowing it in fact, but the other wanting to hear it.. To motivate me.

"Then, we might have a problem."

**Jade's POV**

I was weak. I couldn't move. It hurt when I would breath. I felt as if I was dying... I probably was. I wouldn't be surprised. I almost did, anyway. If Harry wouldn't of been there, I would've been dead right now. I was able to do was sleep, eat,  and barely sit up to even do that. I felt as if I was part of the living dead. Just not the boy's kind.  

My stomach grumbled, signalling I needed food. 

"Ugh," I moaned.

"H-Harry!" I called, the loudest I could although it hurt my throat. I waited, but he never came.

"Harr-" I was about to finish before I started to have a coughing attack. Suddenly, the door flung wide open, and in came Harry with a cup in his hand.

"Drink this," He said helping me sit up, me putting the straw between my lips before sucking out the liquid. It was tea.

"Thank you," I said as I finished.