Chapter 31

**Jade's POV**

Everything seemed to just go in slow motion from there on out. In a blink of an eye, Zayn's fingers were unlocked from mine, and he was falling back onto his back on the ground, Harry on top of him. Fighting. Zayn lay there, covering himself, letting Harry take everything out on him. I couldn't do anything. I attempted to go help, but Zayn's voice rang through my ears.

"Jade, no! Jade! Stay back!" 

I felt tears running down my cheek. I wasn't just going to stand there and watch Harry attack the living hell out of Zayn, was I? No. He didn't do anything wrong. Zayn I mean. It was just the obsessed and possessive side of Harry taking over. The controlling side. The demon side. The side of him I hated. And wish would just disappear. Disappear forever, go away. Far far away. But, I know it never will.

It seemed as if Zayn was allowing Harry to do this, because he knew eventually he'd stop. Something like that. To me it didn't look like it was going to. But Zayn just took it. Took it as if Harry would calm down after awhile. But awhile could be too late. I had to do something. Fast. I wiped the tears that escaped away, and went over to where they were. I knelt down carefully, before hesitating on placing my hand down onto Harry's shoulder. But when I did, he immediately stopped punching Zayn. His fist was still in the air, about to punch him in the face again, when he stopped and looked deeply into my eyes. His eyes flashed from gold, back to their normal green ones. I slightly smiled  trying to keep him calm. He got off of Zayn, standing up. I stood up too. Zayn stayed on the ground, as if he knew what to do. Acting as if he wasn't there. He stayed silent. His face bloody, and scratches everywhere. It pained me to think I was the reason for this mess. If they never took me, they wouldn't ever of fought. It's all my fault. 

Me and Harry both stood. Then, Harry did the unexpected. He grabbed me softly, pulling me into his arms. He embraced me. It was strange, it was a gentle hug as if I were the most fragile thing, but it was also a grip tight enough, showing as if he was afraid of letting go. His heavy breathing was on the top of my head. I wrapped my arms around him, as well. It felt... Comforting. 

We were like that for a little bit. I don't know why I didn't pull back. I guess I didn't want to anger him anymore. And, I felt like I needed a hug. Although I didn't have the best life before, I did miss it. Missed being free. Missed spending most of my days in the diner. I missed having someone to talk to. I missed having girls around. I just missed... the old me. Now I was different. Now I was trapped. Forever? For what? Love? This isn't love. They always say love "just happens" but they don't mean it like this. This is fearful love. The kind I never even imagined having. I'm spending my days with five nonliving creatures. Mythical creatures that weren't so much mythical, but real. 

Harry pulled back and looked me in the eyes, examining my face. 

"Are you okay?" He asked. Why wouldn't I be? I gave him a confused face.

"Of course!" 

He sighed in relief. "I'm sorry.. I don't really know what has gotten into me lately," He trailed off looking down. I looked at where he was looking, and Zayn was gone. I didn't even hear him go. I sighed. I missed others company, besides just Harry. He scared me sometimes.

"It's fine," I placed my hand on his shoulder, his eyes staring at mine again. 

"I did it," He said and smiled.

"Did what?" I asked frowning my eyebrows.

"Shut off the cameras. They won't know who did it, now," He said as if he was relieved. I sure bet he was. 

"Oh, good!" I said smiling slightly. To be honest, I kind of wished they would've seen. Maybe then I'd be free. Possibly.

"Yeah! It wasn't easy though.. I had to keep hidden. But thanks to my speed, it wasn't a problem," He shrugged as if it was nothing. His smile never left his face.