Chapter Thirteen - I Know I Heard You

Mica.

I stayed up the whole night listening to the sound of Harry's heart monitor, I swear it got slower by the hour. I kept my head down the whole time and my back and neck were killing me now from my slouching position.

I finally looked up and it pained the back of my neck. My hand slipped out of Harry's and fell to my side as I groaned and rubbed my neck with the other hand.

I looked around the room, my eyes searching for Louis. He wasn't there, so where was he?

I heard the door open, directing my attention to that as my head bolted over to see Liam walk in with a tray. He smiled at me and I reached up, grabbing Harry's hand again, feeling guilty that I ever let go.

"Are you alright? You look tired," he said as he placed the tray full of food down on my lap. "I brought you breakfast."

"I didn't sleep last night. I had to stay awake to make sure Harry was alright," I told him, my voice slow and wary, "and thank you." I used my free hand to lift up the mug of coffee and take a sip, before grabbing the already buttered toast and eating. "Where's Louis?" I asked with my mouth full.

"He went home for a bit to take a shower and get a change of clothes. Do you want me to take you ho-"

"No! I need to stay with Harry!" I said, raising my voice at Liam's ridiculous idea.

"Harry's not going anywhere, Mica," Liam said to me, his soft eyes staring down at me with a pleading look.

I stared back up at him with a blank expression. "You don't know that."

Liam sighed and stood up, rubbing his hands over his face, then threw his hair. "I'm gonna go. Louis should be here shortly. We need to call some of our managers and sort stuff out, and the rest of the boys and I will be back later on." Liam bent down beside me, placing a hand on my shoulder and pulling me towards him lightly before placing a kiss on the crown of my head. He rubbed my shoulder before standing, turning and leaving.

And I was alone.

I finished the food and pushed the tray off me gently before standing up, not letting go of Harry's hand. I sat down on the edge of his bed and stared at his lifeless body after cracking my back and yawning. The heart monitor was extremely slow now. 

I tightened my grip on Harry's hand, as if it would keep his soul in his body.

"Harry?" I whispered, my eyes darting all across his face. "My mom always told me that God only takes the one's that have done enough in this world. You have done so much for me, for your family, for those four boys, for your crazy fans around the world. You have done more than enough. So if God decided to take you, I'll know he had a reason." I had tears falling down my cheeks again, the painful thought of Harry's death truly setting in. 

"I love you." I whispered just before the door opened behind me. Louis walked in. His eyes were red and he needed to shave, but it looked like he took a shower and changed his clothes so that was good enough.

"Come here, Lou," I said to him, stretching out my free arm for him. He came over and sat next to me, wrapping his arms around me while I wrapped my arm around his waste. "I don't think he'll make it," I whispered, my voice cracking and shaking.

"His parents can't come out here at the moment," Louis told me, "they sounded heartbroken on the phone."

I never thought about that, about Harry's family and what they'd do.

"Will they come out if he..." I started, but couldn't finish the sentence.

"Yeah, they will. The other boys should be here shortly," he told me. "Zayn seemed... I dunno. He wouldn't get out of bed and he wouldn't talk..."