Ripley

The sound of a harsh beeping shot through my head like knives through the butter of my brain. I tried to sit up, but at first, nothing moved. My eyelids shot up, and the first thing that struck me was the brightness. It was brighter than I've ever seen before, blinding me immediately. When my head cleared and I looked around, what surrounded me was a wonderland of a clean, sterile environment that smelled of chemicals and sickness. The walls seemed to bleed white, they were so brightly painted, and the seemingly clean tiled floor gave the impression of having been countless times before scrubbed of blood and vomit. Machines surrounded my bed, which was clothed in green sheets. I myself was wearing only a hospital gown, the pillow below me once was soft, but was now smashed and compact. The white sheets were twisted and an IV ran out of my arm like a snake worming it's way into my hair follicles. A bright light was shining directly in my face, a sight that reminded one of the Dentist's office.

As i reach to touch my sore neck, a boy comes into the room with a sign of worry on his face.

"You're awake."

"Who are you? Where's my mother? Why am i here?" I fiddle with the iv on my arm.

His expression changed quickly. He ran out the room.

He comes back into the room with a doctor.

He wasn't doctorlike at all. He looks at me with a smile on his face and asked how i was feeling.

"I don't know. Why am i here? And who is that boy?"

The smile on his face vanished and he looked worried all of a sudden. This is must be bad news. Uh oh.

He looks up at me again. 

"You tried to hang yourself, Ripley. We think you may have long term memory loss."

What? I tried to hang myself? Why would i do that?

"What's the last thing you remember doing, Ripley?"

I remembered Josh calling me a bitch and me bursting into tears. 

"Josh. I was in a fight with my boyfriend. That's the last thing i remember."

The boy looked at me again then walked out of the room while the doctor asks me more questions.