Chapter Six

Chapter Six... A Date

So Angus could go off and meet some bubbly blonde named Georgia? Well, I guess in our large school I could at least find a guy to take out on a date, right?

Except I was picky, comparing every guy I looked at to the one guy I was after.

"I see you checking out guys," Jade laughed at lunch. "Thought you were all hung up in Angus."

"I am, but he's dating some bimbo," I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, yes," she chuckled. "Georgia Stone. She's beautiful, yep. And totally his type. Except she's not a cheerleader... and she's not you."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked.

"Well, I know he likes you, too," she said slyly. "I mean, after all, it's the reason we broke up, isn't it? But he keeps picking other girls instead of sweeping you off of your feet... interesting."

"You guys broke up because you cheated on him," I said, looking at her blankly.

"Uh... because he likes you," she pointed out. "And I know that doesn't make it right, and I should have been nice enough to dump him, but... past history. You're obviously looking for a boyfriend, or else you wouldn't be scouring the cafeteria for anyone that might possibly catch your eye."

"Am I that obvious?" I frowned.

"Okay, so you're looking, but you're clearly being picky," she noted. "So ummm... maybe, if you'll let me, I can help you."

"How?" I asked, interested.

"Well, I'm friends with all of the guys at this school, pretty much," she began.

"Don't you mean you flirt with all of the guys at this school," I said harshly.

"Do you want my help or not?" she snapped.

"Okay, okay," I said. "I'm sorry. That was... bitchy. I guess I'm just used to being a total cow to you because you screwed over my best friend, but I'm desperate and you're not that bad of a person. So I wouls like your help."

"I'll set you up on a blind date," she said brightly. "And if all goes well, you might finally not be the only cheerleader at this school who's still a virgin."

"Hmm, I'm not that lucky," I smiled weakly.

"Well, some of these guys are just looking for some chick to get in their pants," she laughed. "Leave it to me. I know a couple that you might like."

"Thanks, Jade," I smiled at her.

"You will," she said, and then Sammy caught her attention.

I looked around, wondering who she might pick. I actually did want it to be a surprise, so that was a good thing. I wanted to at least not be a virgin anymore. It was depressing!

Angus entered the cafeteria at that moment, and I stood up and walked over to the table he sat at. Georgia wasn't there yet, thankfully, so I would get a few minutes to talk to him alone.

"Lexie!" he grinned, standing up as I approached him.

"Hey, hey," I smiled back. "How's all your classes been today?"

"Crap as usual," he sighed. "How are you going today?"

"Actually, pretty good," I said happily. "I mean, I'm over my bitchy fit from this morning, and even Jade's not getting on my nerves today, so that's a definite bonus."