Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten... Help?

Georgia and I drove down to the beach. It was a common place for everyone to come on warmer days, even in the springtime when the weather is warming up.

I knew for a fact that Angus loved coming here when he was angry at someone. Usually it was when he'd broken up with a girl, and he needed a faw minutes alone.

"Do you think he'll be here?" Georgia questioned.

"It's probably the most likely place for him to be," I sighed.

"Ever wonder why we bother with him?" she frowned.

"Because we love him," I answered simply. "And when we love someone, we do whatever we can to help them. Sometimes it's hard, and we get burnt. But other times? It's easy."

"I hope so," she smiled weakly. "The easy part, I mean."

"Well, with Angus it depends," I frowned. "He doesn't usually stay out all night..."

"Well, he must have been angry," she sighed.

"Yep," I said. "He was."

We walked down through the forest towards the rock pools. These rockpools were quite deep, and full of jagged rocks. People tended to avoid them, especially when they were running beside them, or had children with them. It was very easy to fall into one of them.

We stood by the rock pools, and Angus was sitting over on a rock glaring out to the ocean. I slowly walked over to him, and Georgia stayed back.

"Angus?" I questioned.

"What are you doing here, Lexie?" he asked without turning to face me.

"The question is, why are you?" I frowned.

"I need to be alone right now," he said curtly.

"Is this really over the fact that I'm with someone else?" I asked. "Is that why you're so... angry? Because I didn't wait for you?"

"Lex, it's not just that," he sighed, turning to face me now.

"Well then, explain it to me," I breathed.

"You were the first girl I ever had a crush on," he began. "Just when I thought I'd gotten over you, I'd ask another girl out and you'd be there, and all I could think about was you. I even said your name when I was having sex with another girl. How do you think that feels?"

"So it is over me being with someone else," my eyes narrowed.

"Yes an no," he frowned. "More on the yes side, but there's more to it than that. Because no matter how many times I convince myself that I'm over you, I know deep down that I'm not. I love you, Alexia. It's not just a crush. I love you."

"If you've always loved me..." I gasped. "Then why... why did you never tell me?"

"Because of Dean," he sighed.

"Dean?"

"Yes. Your brother told me that you liked me, too. And I thought that was great. But then he told me to stay away from you, that he couldn't imagine his sister screwing me. Or anyone! If you wanna know why guys tended to avoid you, now you know."

"So Dean told everyone to stay away from me?!" I near-shouted.

"He did it because he didn't want to see you get hurt. He did it because he loved you so much, he couldn't possibly bear the pain of his only sister being left heartbroken."

"So you did as he asked?" I raised one eyebrow.

"You think I wanted to? No... it nearly killed me. I wanted to rip your clothes off and take you so many times. I wanted to kiss you, hold you... but every time I thought about this, Dean's voice popped into my head, telling me to stay away."

"Screw Dean! You should have just... told me. You shouldn't have got your jealousy act down, and you shouldn't have waited until I was with someone else before you confessed your love to me!"

"You're a hypocrite, you know. Why did you never tell me?"

"I was scared! Everytime I had the courage to, you had some other skank hanging off of you, wearing some tiny ass skirt and kissing your cheek. I couldn't compete with that."

"So why is Georgia here?" he asked suddenly.

"She likes you, Angus. And she's worried about you. But you pissed her off, and she went and made out with her ex!"

"What?"

"Yes!"

I felt like I was shouting at a brick wall. He was listening, but no response.

"Georgia isn't the girl I want," he said coldly.

"She wants you," I breathed.

"No, I don't want her," he said clearly. "I want you."

"You can't have me," I reminded him.

"But you're the girl I want, Lexie!" he shouted. "Only you! Those other girls were just sex, it didn't mean anything."

"So you want me to break up with my awesome boyfriend and go to you because you dated a bunch of girls, and all it was to you is just sex?"

"Look, this is stupid," he spat. "I just want you to know how I feel."

"I know, Angus!" I screamed. "I had to suffer through it! Now it's your turn!"

I turned to walk away when he grabbed my arm.

"Let her go, Angus," Georgia said calmly.

"She needs to understand," he gasped.

"She does," Georgia calmed. "Look, I like you. But you've pretty much admitted that we'll never go past this stage, because you're in love with Lexie. But still. I want to date you anyway."

"Huh?" he frowned.

"I broke up with you, and I take it back," she smiled.

"No," he dropped my arm. "Georgia, I was happy you dumped me. Let's keep it that way, shall we?"

"What?" she looked heartbroken.

"I don't want to be your boyfriend anymore," he sighed. "I'm sorry. I treated you like shit. I never paid attention to you. Why do you wanna be with me?"

"Not anymore I don't," she said tearfully, and she ran away.

Angus stood there numbly, but I turned to him.

"I hope you realise just what you've done," I said simply.

I left him there and I ran off down past the rockpools. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going, and I slipped into a hole of water. A rather deep hole.

Feeling the icy water on me, I tried to swim. But the dark rockpool in the shade of the tree nearby was impossible to see in, and it was deeper than it looked from the surface. My foor appeared to be caught on something, but I couldn't unhook it.

Panic rose in me, and I moved around a lot as I saw Angus walk past, looking straight ahead. He hadn't seen me fall.

Nobody had.

I was trapped underwater, and I couldn't unhook my jeans from a jagged rock. I could feel myself losing strength and consciousness...

Everything was going black.