Chapter Two

Chapter Two... Part One Of My Plan? Done.

I was really a selfish person that I wanted to break Angus and Jade up, but I guess I truly only had my own interests at heart. Yep. Selfsh.

But of course, sometimes when you want something to happen, it does. Be careful what you wish for... it may just come true. And usually when it does, you're kind of wishing it didn't, because karma always gets its revenge. Bittersweet, really.

It was only five days until Christmas, and officially the last day of school for two weeks. Winter break, oh what would I do without you? Being a high school senior meant that I finished a day earlier than everyone else, because we'd been going through college week. And it was finally over!

I stepped outside this morning to find Angus sitting on the hood of his car, looking upset. I wondered weakly what it could be, but didn't ponder for too long. I would cheer him up, being all charming and witty and so forth.

"Angus?" I asked, walking towards him. "What's up?"

"Jade," he frowned. "She was supposed to pick me up for school this morning, but she rang and said her friends asked her to ride with them. My car's got a dead battery, and I'm annoyed because she keeps making excuses not to be alone with me. It's like she's hiding something."

"I'm sure she's busy," I tried to be inconspicuous.

"Doubt it," he groaned. "I just don't think she wants to have sex with me, and I think she might be wanting to break up."

"Okay, who wouldn't wanna have sex with you?" I said, smiling. "And who wouldn't wanna date you? You have to give her the benefit of the doubt, until you know that she's telling the truth. Okay?"

"Since when are you so willing to make sure we're still together?" Angus asked, looking suspiscious.

"I... only... want you... to be... happy?" I said slowly. He looked convinced, though.

"Oh, cool then," he smiled weakly. "Mind if I ride with you and Dean to school?"

"Nah, it's cool," I grinned. "It's common for us, hey?"

"Yeah, true," he chuckled.

We all climbed into Dean's car and drove off to school. Dean and Angus discussed Jade's ex boyfriends on the ride to school, wondering if that's why Jade was avoiding sex. I didn't get it, to be honest. She'd been with many other guys before. She was a cheerleading slut, the exact opposite of me.

As we arrived at school, I walked off to join the cheerleaders. Jade sat hiding in amongst the girls, looking worried.

"...get over it," I heard as the tail end of a conversation.

"Shit, he's here, isn't he?" Jade whispered. "Lexie, he came with you didn't he?"

"Uh... yeah," I said simply, looking around for Angus.

"He's not gonna be happy," she groaned.

"Forget him, Jade!" Alison, a girl on our squad, spoke.

"He's still my boyfriend!" Jade hissed.

"Not for long," Sammy, another girl, said gleefully.

"What do you mean, 'not for long'?" I asked.