Coffee is life

Amelia-Rose

It was Thursday morning and I hadn't had a proper conversation- well texting conversation- with J since Tuesday, I had only gotten the occasional text telling me that I look pretty. And honestly it made me sad and a little lonely, I really wanted to talk to him to know what he's doing, he and me feel safe, and for some reason without his texts I've felt alone. Maybe he's busy? Or maybe he lost interest? Why do i care anyway he's a creep! Yeah he's an absolute creep, ew gross! I'm talking to a creep!

I angrily stood up and went into my bathroom slamming the door. What the hell is wrong with me  taking to a creep. I turn around sharply and slam my fist into the mirror and it shatters at my feet, I can hear my heart in my ears and I'm breathing uncontrollably heavy. Breaking my trance, my phone beeps- Oh whatever!- I finally feel a pain shooting in my hand through my arm. Shit! I look down at my hand and see it with blood all over it, it starts to throb, ignoring the pain it get into the shower, it stings for a while but I numb out the pain. Once I'm out of the shower I get dressed into black leather trousers, a loose white tee and put my leather jacket on. I slip on my black healed boots and do my make up, making sure to add my blood red lipstick.

I had planned to meet Jazz and her friends at 1 and I had 20 minutes to get there, I suddenly felt nervous, what if her friends do like me? I shook of the thought. I had a weird feeling about today. I huffed at me refection and tied my hair into a messy pony tail. Well let's do this, I convinced my self.

I ran down the stairs to and into the garage, picking my keys to my white Lamborghini Aventador that Reece got me for my birthday, when I get into my car I put on my checkered scarf, it's quite chilly today. I drive to Starbucks, when I get there I park next to a car that has a dent in the side, hmmm I swear I've seen that car somewhere... never mind. I step out my car and spot Jazz with a boy and a girl, I instantly recognize them from the other day at Pizza Hut, it's the hot guy, I sudden feel embarrassed remembering him catching me staring at him.

When I reach them Jazz pulls me into another one her hugs, I awkwardly put one arm round her, I can feel the boys' eyes on me. When Jazz pulls back she smiles brightly.

"Hey Mia! This is my girlfriend Sarah and this is Jason"  She introduces me. I smile shyly at them both and Sarah gives me a small wave. Jason stares at me for a few moments smirking. 

"This is Amelia-Rose guys" Jazz tells them.

"It's just Mia, nice to meet you both." I inform finally speaking. Tearing my eyes away from Jason.

"You too Mia, shall we go in?" Sarah suggests nodding her head towards the Starbucks. We all silently agree ad walk in, and I shiver remembering how cold it is.

"Are you cold?" A husky voice says in my ear, I could feel his close proximity behind me. His voice causes a shiver and the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I can just feel his smirk from my reaction.

"I was outside." I state. He let's out a little chuckle that gives me butterflies, he has an effect on me.

"It is pretty chilly out. You should wear something warmer princess" He confirms.

princess..

The nickname makes me shiver again. Where have I heard that?...  I shrug it of and follow Jazz and Sarah.

"So Mia what you ordering?" Jazz questions.

"Urm I don't know, I've never been to Starbucks" I admit.

"You've never been to Starbucks?" Sarah asks shocked.

"Nope" I pop the 'p'. 

"Oh well, do you like coffee?" Jazz questions. "Ew gross, coffee is horrible!" I exaggerate.

I hear that low chuckle again and my stomach does a flip, heat rises to my cheeks.

"Why did you come then?" Snaps Sarah, what's her problem?  I hear Jason growl, did he just growl?!

"I guess Jazz made you sound so approachable, I couldn't resist." I snap back.  I see Jazz trying to hide her smile and hear Jason laugh not caring. Sarah just huffs and goes to order. We trail behind her and when it's my turn to order the boy behind the counter smiles at me, I smile back. "What can I get you babe?" He flirts.

"Peach iced tea please." I reply bluntly, I don't flirt ever. I hear a little snicker from Jason. Why does he keep laughing at me, do i have something on me? 

"That's $3.50 please" I go to give him my money but Jason hand grabs mine, I hiss as he grabbed the hand that I practically crushed this morning, he instantly let's go and looks at me worried. 

"I got it." He winks at me and hands the guy money.

"You didn't have to pay" I insist.

"What happend to you're hand?" He ignores me and lightly picks up my hand inspecting it.

"Oh I just urm dropped a glass.." I tired to come up with something, really Mia dropped a glass! I gave him a nervous smile. I can tell he doesn't believe me. He grabs our drinks which makes him lean over me, he whispers in my ear. "No you didn't" my breath hitched. When he pulled back I could see anger in his eyes. He turns and goes to where Jazz is sat, I trail behind him. and sit down opposite him.

He looks more clam, his gaze is set on me, he doesn't even hide that he is staring, I shift uncomfortably. His jaw is set tight I could feel the tension.

"C-can I have my drink." I stutter. His eyes soften at me and he clear his throat. 'sorry' he mutters and hands me my drink. Are hands touch and I feel tingles spread through my body, I quickly pull back and his jaw sets again. 

"Thanks" I whisper my throat dry. My attention is drawn to Sarah when she asks me a question.

"So Mia, have you always lived here?" Her eyes square at me, like she's trying to read me. I clear my throat and turn to her.

"No I moved here about a year ago." I confirm. Jason sits up suddenly interested in what I'm saying.

"Where from?" She interrogates. 

"England." Truth.

"Explains the accent." Jason says more to himself.

"Where in England?" Sarah carries on she narrows her eyes.

"Devon." Lie.

"Why'd you move?"

"Family stuff." Partly true.

"Did you're parents get a job here?"

"Yes." Lie. My parents are dead.  

"Do you like it here?" That one I wasn't ready for, I never thought if I liked it here, I didn't care about what I wanted, I just did what was safe. And talking to these strangers wasn't. I hesitated with my answer.

"It's... comfortable.. safe.." for now. I trailed off, Jason look at me skeptically. I've said too much.

"I should get going." I state standing up, Jason stands up too, "So should I, I'll walk out with you." He raises his eyebrows at me. I nod lightly. 

"I'll text you Jazz." I turn to her.

"Okay Mia, see you later." She smiles, I nod and me and Jason walk out. We walk up to my car.

"Useful, you parked next to me." He inform me. I look at his dented car, realization hits me, I did that to his car. My eyes go wide. 

"I know, big dent, I'm not sure how it got there." He's watching me so carefully, there's something in his eyes but I can't tell what, love? admiration? Nah..

"Yeah.. Well I should go." I reply quickly wanting to get way from him and his gaze and worried he'll find out I hit his car.

"Okay, bye Princess.."

I get into my car and drive off.

Princess..

Princess.. J.. J!! 

I pull out my phone check to see if he texted. 3 messages from J. I hear a loud beep of cars and before I know what's happening I fly forward and smack my head, I feel my car crash and black out.