(10) Teardrops and Butterflies

Teardrops and Butterflies

(Sequel to The girl in the attic)

Chapter 10

Preston’s POV    

Katie was much more excited now but I could tell that she was still nervous so I kept on reassuring her of how wonderful she will be. We spent the rest of the day at home and then when it was time for dinner I took her out to a fancy restaurant to celebrate. She insisted that it wasn’t necessary but I didn’t give in. She deserved to be spoiled.

“What are we going to do about the wedding?” she asked once we were seated.

“What do you mean?” I questioned.

“It’s just that I am going to be huge by then, maybe we should postpone it until after the baby is born,” she replied.

“Or we can move it up to before you start showing,” I suggested, grinning happily at the idea. Katie’s eyes grew big with excitement as she leaped out of her chair and wrapped her arms around me.

“I’d love that, I can’t wait to marry you!” she half yelled, unable to contain her happiness.

“So when do you want to do it?” I asked when she finally let go of me.

“As soon as we can get everything organized,” she replied with a huge smile on her face.

We ate and laughed and made plans for our wedding and then when we got home I held her in my arms and made sweet love to her.

The next few weeks flew by fast and soon we had almost everything sorted out. We had the perfect little church to get married in. We were going to hold the reception at a cute little hall we hired and I had found the perfect place to take Katie on our honeymoon. We wouldn’t be able to go away for too long since we were still both in school but we decided to take at least a week off to get away and go somewhere.

My parents have been real great about everything and are paying for all of it although Katie and I wanted to help. They said it is the least they could do and wouldn’t listen to a word after that. They said that it would make them happy and we finally agreed, knowing that them paying for the wedding will help us a lot.

We had decided to have a small wedding so we only invited our closest friend and family.

In other words, everything was organized except for one very important thing. Katie hasn’t turned eighteen yet, meaning that she needed a guardian to sign her away and since she didn’t have any family left, that meant we had to get Lina to do it.

Katie was terrified of facing her but I assured her that it would be fine, at least I hoped it would. As far as I’m concerned I don’t see any reason why Lina wouldn’t agree to sign Katie away. In fact I figured she would be quite happy about it, that way she wasn’t her legal guardian anymore and nobody could hold her responsible for anything Katie needed or did. It would be the perfect opportunity for her to finally get rid of Katie for good.

It was a week before the wedding and Katie was getting really nervous as we got in my car and started making our way over to my aunt and uncle’s house. Lina was still working for them so we knew we would find her there.

“It’ll be ok, I promise," I said when we finally arrived at my aunt and uncle’s house.

“I’m not so sure, she really hates me,” Katie replied, looking at me with a mixture of sadness and freight in her eyes.

“I still can’t understand that, anybody who doesn’t love you must be completely crazy,” I stated, grinning at her and causing her lips to pull up into a smile for the first time since we got into the car.

“I think she is a bit crazy,” Katie giggled before leaning over and kissing me on my lips. My heart started racing in my chest from her touch and I had to remind myself where we were and why we had come here.

“Let’s do this so that I can take you home,” I said and watched as her eyes lit up, obviously understanding why I wanted to take her home.