(4) Teardrops and Butterflies

Teardrops and Butterflies

(Sequel to The girl in the attic)

Chapter 4

Katie’s POV

The touch of Preston’s lips on mine and the feel of his hands on my body are indescribable. Every touch is filled with love and care. The way he looks at me tells me how much he loves me without him having to say the words but he still does. Not a day goes by that he doesn’t tell me how much he loves me and how much I mean to him. I’m still not sure how I got this lucky but there is one thing I am sure of. I love Preston more than anything in the world and I am going to spend every second of my life trying to make him happy.

Preston’s POV

I gently pulled her closer and picked her up. She wrapped her arms around my neck and her legs around my waist as her lips pressed down on mine.

“I love you,” I whispered, when she finally pulled away out of breath.

“I know,” she replied, smiling her gorgeous smile at me and then pressing her lips tightly against mine again.

I slowly started walking towards our room making sure not to trip over something. If I fell it would be ok, but not with her in my arms. I would kill myself if I ever hurt her in any way.

I laid her down on the bed and hovered over her. She smiled at me again and then grabbed a hold of me and pushed me onto my back. She sat down on top of me straddling me with her legs. Her brown eyes were shining with happiness as her hair fell down into my face.

“I love you,” she whispered softly.

“I know,” I replied, just like she did earlier.

“Good,” she giggled, teasingly as she pulled my shirt over my head. My heart sped up and my breathing increased as she ran her cold hands down my body. Little shards of electricity shot through my body making me want her even more than before. With every kiss and every touch I love her more. I didn’t think it could be possible to love somebody more then I loved her yesterday but she keeps on proving me wrong.

We made love and then I just laid there with her in my arms, watching her until she fell asleep. She is so beautiful that I could spend my entire life just watching her and still be the luckiest and happiest man on earth.

When I woke up the next morning Katie was still tangled in my arms and sleeping peacefully. I gently untangled myself from her, not wanting to wake her and headed to our little kitchen. The hot chocolate that I had made last night was still standing on the cabinet so I quickly through it out, washed the cups and then started making pancakes. I love spoiling Katie, seeing a smile on her beautiful face is worth more than anything else.

It took me a few minutes to make the pancakes but they looked better than usual and I felt proud of the fact that I managed to make them without burning even one. I’m not the greatest cook but I’ve been getting better since Katie and I moved in together. I placed the two plates of pancakes as well as two mugs of fresh hot chocolate on a tray and headed back to our room.

“You really don’t have to make me breakfast in bed every time you wake up before me,” Katie said as I walked into the room. She was sitting on the bed, smiling at me.

“I know I don’t have to but I want to, it makes me happy to make you happy,” I replied, honestly. Her smile grew even bigger and I felt my love for her grow. It was incredible how she still affected me.

I handed her the tray and then took one of the plates for myself.

“Your cooking skills are seriously improving, these are almost edible,” she joked as she took a bite of the pancake. I laughed with her and then we finished eating. Once we were done Katie helped me do the dishes and then we both took a shower and got dressed to go to the mall.

My parents were coming to eat at our place tomorrow and we didn’t really have much food in the place so we needed to go buy some.

“What’s your parent’s favorite meal?” Katie asked as we got in the car.

“I have no idea,” I answered, trying to think back but coming up with nothing.

“Ok, then what do you want me to make tomorrow?” Katie questioned.

“It doesn’t matter, anything you make will be perfect,” I replied. Katie smiled and then shook her head.

“What?” I asked, innocently.

“If you keep on complimenting me like that I’m going to get a big head,” she giggled.

“I only give praise where it is due,” I smirked.

We chatted and joked all the way to the mall. I found a parking near the entrance and was planning on opening the car door for Katie but she got out before I could. She always does that but I keep on trying anyway. She walked towards me and wrapped her arms around my neck.

“Have I told you how much I love you yet?” she asked, staring into my eyes.

“Not today,” I answered, staring back at her.

“I love you more then I could ever describe in words,” she whispered, her eyes shining with happy tears.

“I love you more,” I breathed leaning forward and gently kissing her.

Once again we forgot where we were and when we finally pulled apart we had a bit of an audience. Katie blushed but I could tell that she liked me kissing her wherever and whenever I wanted to. I took her hand in mine and led her into the mall. We headed to the grocery store first and then to the butchery.

Katie decided that a roast would be a great option since we had no idea what my parents actually liked. I agreed with her, she has made us a roast a few times before and it always tasted great. Katie is an amazing cook, but then again, Katie is perfect in every way. We got some wine to go with the food and then headed to the florist to get some fresh flowers to decorate the table with.

When we were sure that we had everything we needed we made our way to the video shop and hired a few movies. The day was turning extremely cold and we decided to spend it in bed, watching movies, eating popcorn and making out.

We hired a horror movie, a science fiction and a romance since Katie could never decide what she wanted and I always left it up to her.  She seemed really excited about the movies she had chosen so as soon as we got home I made us some popcorn and then put in the first movie.

We got into bed, pulled the blankets tightly over us and then she cuddled into my side. I hugged her tightly to me and then pressed play.

“Thank you,” she whispered half way through the movie.

“It’s a pleasure but I have no idea what you’re talking about,” I replied, turning my attention away from the movie and focusing my eyes on her.

“For everything. For loving me and for supporting and for watching movies with me,” she said, laughing at the last part.