Chapter 1: Getting Started

A Word From the Author: This is my first story on Wattpad. Please comment and tell me what you like or dislike. I really hope you like it. Thank you:)

~~~~~~~~~

I stepped out of the taxi that had drove my brothers and I to our new home. Our mom and dad had died just a few months before now when our house was set on fire. Instead of my brothers and I being seperated through foster care, we were forced to take our last choice and move onto the Tuscany Reserve with an old friend of my father. 

It felt wierd to see where we would be living. From what I could see from the outside, there were several houses scattered throughout the property. All of the buildings had the same look, brown roofs and trim work while the siding was a tanish color. I wondered which one we would be living in now. I saw a man that looked atleast a head taller than me step through the gate into the plantation. I recognized him from photos my father had. I grabbed Chad's hand, the youngest of us, as the man closed the distance between us. 

He held out his hand. "I am Walter Jones. I was very close with your father." I slid my hand into his.

"I'm Derek and Lilly's daughter, Elle. These are my brothers, Luke, Richard, and Chad." I introduced the boys.

Walter ruffled Chad's hair before ushering us to the gates. We walked along a sidewalk that led throughout the reserve. Walter led us to the biggest home; it was ginormous! He opened the door and let us inside.

"This is where my imidiate family and I live. Our family is the biggest by far." He laughed. "Having eleven sons can be a good thing from time to time." 

"Eleven sons?" Luke asked, shocked.

"Yes. Plus me and my wife, that is. I'll introduce you all after you all a situated. Follow me to your rooms." He led us up a main flight of stairs. "Your rooms are one the third floor, the tower." 

"Cool. Sissy, we get to sleep in a tower!" Richard cried with excitment.

I smiled at him before following Walter down a hall to the left, past several doors, and up a second flight of stairs, these stairs were smaller and much more narrower that sat at the end of the hall. It led up to another smaller hallway. There were two bathrooms and a guest room that we passed before we came to a door. Walter opened and the five of us entered.

There was a bed under a window that looked out over the property. A dresser was placed to the left of the door, there was even a flat screen hanging in between the dresser and the door. There was a hatch in the ground that probably led down to the first floor and a ladder in front of my bed led up to a fourth floor. Luke went to climb it.

"That's where you boys will sleep. Theres a set of bunk beds and a single bed as well. Plus dressers and a television." He explained.

"This is amazing. Thank you so much." I said. 

"It's no problem at all. After you get unpacked, I'll let you meet my imidiate family at dinner, but I'll hold off on the extended family until tomorrow." 

"Thank you." I said.

Walter walked back into the small hallway, closing the door behind him. I turned to my brothers who all starred at me.

I sanded my hands together. "Alright, let's get unpacked." They smiled at me.

*********

I sat on my bed looking out the window at the property while the boys watched a movie on my flat screen. We had just finished unpacking our bathroom stuff in the two bathrooms in the Small Hallway.

There was a knock at the door and a lady with brown, straight hair opened the door. "I'm Walter's wife, Melissa. Dinners ready." She smiled at me. "My, you have gotten so big Elle. You, too, Luke." 

Chad jumped to his feet. "Me too. Me too. Look how big I am, too!"

"Yes, Chad, you have." Melissa smiled. Even I knew Melissa and Walter hadn't met Chad or Richey.

"Alright you guys. Dinner time, so follow Melissa downstairs." I picked up Chad and carried him like most toddlers are carried by their mothers. The boys shuffled down the hall, staying closer to me than Melissa. 

Melissa led us down the Main Staircase and into the entry way. We followed the giant hall into a giant kitchen. There was a sliding glass door to the back and double French doors on the left wall. We opened the French doors and stepped into a huge dining room with the biggest table I've ever seen. I noticed fourteen placemates. Eight boys, Walter, Melissa, my three boys, and myself. We were apart of the family now. That would take some getting used to.