Chapter Thirty-Eight

An American girl interrupts royal peace?

Prince Mark's new interest in trouble!

Is Prince Mark playing prince charming in real life?

"You shouldn't read that."

My eyes looked up to see my mother with one hand on her hip and one eyebrow raised. An old sign on reproach on her part.

I sighed. "I can't help it Mom." I turned to look at The Sun in my hands, "especially since more photographers are parked outside..."

Mom sighed, "I know, honey...but if you really want to do this, then you have to get pass this..."

I rolled the magazine on my hand and threw it on the bin, "at least I should know what they say about me. I don't want to look absolutely clueless at one of those remarks." I snapped angrily. As soon as the words left my mouth, I felt guilty for snapping at my Mom. "Sorry" I looked at her apologetically.

"It's ok. I know you are going through a lot." She closed her eyes and added in a motherly commanding tone, "but still...that does not gives you right to be snappy, ok?"

"Yeah, yeah..." I smiled at her innocently.

Mom's lips pressed in a tight line but I could tell she was suppressing a smile. My eyes wandered to the rest of her and I noticed that she was rocking the skinny jeans I gave her last time we went shopping and a really gorgeous emerald blouse. Her eyes looked incredible and her hair was styled in loose curls.

"Are we trying to impress someone?" I asked slyly.

Mom's cheeks blushed and she busied herself by grabbing the bin and escaping me, "I don't know what you're talking about!"

I laughed at her as I sat on my bed, "You are spending almost all afternoon with him, Mom...and I have to say you look great, so I'm sure he'll be more impressed than usual!"

As she walked through the door to the hallway, she stopped and turned to me, "well, if you keep it like that, I might not help you with your little project, missy!"

"Oh come on Mom!" I whined like a three-year old.

She huffed and marched her way. Before I heard her reach the stairs I said out loud "Sean is absolutely in love with you Mom, no matter what you wear!" I laughed a bit more.

"I can't still back up, you know?" She yelled back.

"As if..." I said to myself still hiccupping from laughing so hard.

A few moments later, I looked around my room and felt absolutely proud at my decoration skills. All walls were white except one, which was dark purple. My bed was lavender and all furniture were modern. Two white orchids decorated the desk where I was now recharging my tablet and my new S9. Lifting the tablet, I checked for all the ultimate details on the so called 'wicked date' and smiled.

I really hopes he likes it.

An hour later I had bathed and styled my hair in a tight sleek ponytail. I had a black shaped tank and dark denim jeans. Since it was almost December, I grabbed a grey coat and a white shawl to wrap around my neck. Large silver loops were my only accessories and I was wearing a light coat of makeup and some nude lipstick to contrast my smoky eyes. Looking at myself on the mirror, I felt a burst of confidence within me. I really liked that look on me.

"Are you sure about him picking you up on the front door?" Mom asked me worried as I climbed down the stairs.

I sighed, the small burst of confidence leaving my body as I exhaled. "Well, I talked to Gram's last night and she told me to grab the bull on it horns or something like that..." I frowned trying to remember her words. I swear last night her statement sounded pretty convincing. Mom smiled at me. "Last night sounded better."