Evgeni Malkin (Pittsburgh Penguins)

Trigger warning: mentions of abuse

I hadn't known where else to go. I had walked myself to my best friends house after it happened for the first and the final time. I sat myself on his steps, brought my knees up to my chest and let my hair curtain over my face. I had been sitting like this for what seemed like forever. I felt tears form in my eyes because I didn't know when he would get home and I needed him so bad. My lip stung like hell and my head was pounding making tears form in my eyes. I knew he had a game tonight and part of me prayed that the game started earlier than I thought it did. 

After more than an hour of waiting on his steps, the flash of headlights practically blinded me. I looked straight down, not wanting Evgeni to see me, but needing him more than ever. The sound of the car door slamming made my head throb worse. I jumped when hands grabbed my shoulders. 

"Hey, it's okay. It's just me," he cooed.

"Evgeni," I whimpered, finally looking at him.

His eyes widened at the sight of me and I felt myself being lifted. My arm went around my stomach quickly as a searing pain shot through me, making me jolt in his grasp. He kissed my forehead and somehow manged to unlock his door, open it and close it, all with me still in his arms. 

He threw his bag on one of the couches, then gently set me down on the other one. I immediately curled over, not being able to hold back the tears anymore. Evgeni knelt down right in front of me, pushing hair back from my face. 

"What happened, принцесса?" he asked in a low voice.

I sucked in a large breath. "We- we got into an argument. I knew he was cheating on me, so I confronted him about it. He started freaking out on me as soon as I said it. He accused me of cheating on him with you and then... he slapped me. After that was just... it got worse and he didn't stop until the neighbor rang the doorbell. I came here as soon as I could."

"Oh, (Y/N)," he sighed, wrapping his arms around me as best as he could. 

I nuzzled my face in his neck and let out a breath of relief. "Thank you, Evgeni."

"No need to thank me," he smiled "you're important to me. We've been best friends for a very long time. I love you, (Y/N/N)."

"I love you, too, Zhenya," 

He kissed my forehead again and got up. By the time he came back, I was already partly asleep. For the second time that night, I was being lifted. I was set on what I guessed was Evgeni's bed. A couple minutes later, he climbed in next to me, resting an arm on my thigh. 

"You're safe with me, okay? I promise I will never let anyone hurt you ever again. "

Requested by Hawkeygirl19881988 :)

Another short one because it was a triggering subject and I'm not good at writing stuff like this.

принцесса= princess (pronunciation: printsessa)