*The Stranger* Kakashi One-Shot by MistressoftheKnight

Warning: ALL rights reserved for MistressoftheKnight.

She is my friend and I asked her to write this for me. So the only rights acclaimed to me is the right to publish it. Enjoy!

-Kakashi's POV-
I stood outside of Konoah's gates reading a book when I got the urge to glance up. As I did I saw a figure running in my direction, fast. I sigh, knowing I have to interrogate and not really wanting to. I put my book away and turn to the figure that was close enough to be identified as a girl, a wounded girl. She looked over her shoulder and quickened her speed.

When she saw me she simply tried to jump over me. Much to her displeasure I grabbed her ankle and pulled her to the ground. She landed with a grunt and glared up at me. "I'm goanna have to ask who you are young lady." "I'm kinda in a hurry, can this wait?" she asked getting up and walking around me.

I gripped her upper arm. "No, it can't." She glared at me and then her eyes wondered over her shoulder. She paled. "Can we at least do this inside the gates?" she asked shrugging my hand off her arm and pointing at the gate. I looked to the sky then over my shoulder, almost missing a huge shadow disappear. "Yes, inside the gate is good, very good." I said leading her inside.

She follows behind me quickly and starts to look around. "Well, I'm goanna need your name stranger." She turns her gaze towards me and narrows her eyes. "Look, your sexy, I give you that, but I never give out my name. Next question." I glare at her, and then take in her appearance.

She has waist length black hair, pale skin and black eyes. She looks so familiar... "Where are you from?" I ask. "I don't know, I was raised The Beast." she said in all seriousness. "No...I'm serious." She sighed and stopped walking. "Look... who ever you are, when I was 3 my family abandoned me and took my brother away. I'm only here looking for him okay?"

"I'm sorry to hear that but I think you should leave." She sighs and is about to say something when a male voice interrupts our conversation. "Mizu!? Is that you?" The girl turns towards the voice and a smile appears on her face. She runs into the open arms of...Sai!?

Sai closes his arms around the girl...Mizu and picks her up off the ground twirling her around in circles. I approach them slowly. Sai placed Mizu on her feet and cups her face in his hands and there is a smile, a freaking smile on his face! I'm shocked to say the least.

Then Mizu decides to slap the smile off his face...and boy it looks like it hurt. "What was that for!?" Sai yelled shoving her back. "For not coming to get me like you promised you big bully!" she replied her bottom lip trembling. Sai sighed and pulled Mizu in for a hug. "I'm sorry sweetheart, I got busy with Anbu stuff...I didn't forget you. How could I forget the most amazing little sister ever?"

I froze. Little sister!? When did he get a little sister!? "I'm not you little sister, I'm your twin." "Okay hold up, Sai, the emotionless...thing has emotions and a twin sister? When the hell did this happen?" Sai gave me a bored look. "The day we were born, duh." Mizu answers. My brow twitched. She turned back to Sai. "Well since you forgot about me, and don't say you didn't because I know you did, The Beast said I could spend a day with you, after that, I can never see you again."

This news made Sai angry, "What do you mean you can never see me again? I'm your brother!" He took her by the shoulders and shook her. "It can't take you away from me..." "She can and she already has! And it's all because you forget to come and get me! Four years ago! Do you know what it was like waiting for you to come and never seeing you? It hurt!" Mizu backed away from Sai who started to follow her. "Don't make this harder Sai... please."

She backed up some more and bumped into my chest. She turned around and looked pleadingly up at me. "C-can I go now?" "Uh, sure, I'll walk you out." As we turned and began walking away Sai called out "I love you Mizu! With all my heart! I'll find a way to see you again!" Mizu hung her head and said softly "I really wish that was enough." She looked a little unsteady so I put my arm around her waist to steady her. She leaned into me, grateful for my support.

"Thank you...err...?" She looked up at me with a question in her eyes. "Kakashi-sensei" I supplied. "Eh, I'll stick with Kakashi." she said grinning up at me. I smiled down at her and she cocked her head to the side. She looked like she wanted to say something but stopped herself and looked forward. "So...you think I'm sexy?" She laughed. "Who am I to deny you your rights?" I grinned down at her...not like she could see it.

"Tell me about this beast." She looked off into the distance, as if seeing something far away. I thought she wasn't goanna answer for a while. "The Beast is a majestic creature that cares over the orphans of the world. Once every hundred years she takes a child from a family and raises it as her own, and if the family doesn't come for the child it gets one day to say goodbye. I'm the only one who hasn't been claimed." I looked down at her.

"What happens after you say goodbye?" She shrugged. "I don't know, but I'll soon find out." We walked in silence for a while and then did I notice that we were already outside the gates and walking down an old forest path. "Kakashi?" I tightened my arm around her waist. "Hm?" I asked. "Can I tell you something that The Beast taught me?"

I raised an eyebrow. "Sure." "She taught me to live for the moment, if I want to do something, do it." I stopped and looked down at her. "And what precisely is it that you want to do Mizu?" I asked. Hesitantly she reached up and put her hands at the bottom of my mask. When I didn't do anything she lifted it up showing only my chin and mouth. "I want to thank you Kakashi...and not only because I think you're sexy." Without another word she planted her lips firmly over mine and twined her hands behind my neck. "What the hell is going on!?"