Chapter Sixteen (Friday Night Fever)

Chapter Sixteen - Friday Night Fever

                   Aaron's POV

                   "Okay guys, let's tune up and prepare for next week's ball!" I shouted as I stood behind my one and only custom made lime green mic with tiny sapphire rhinestones glittering on it in a shape of love. I love this mic! I took care of it as my life. I couldn't sing without it, well not exactly because I still could sing without it. Just not in the mood, you know. Other mics didn't have the feel, the feel of passion. I had this since I started to sing. I remembered I went to a music store and saw a black and red mic at a corner. I asked my mother if I could buy a green one. Because I love green, duh. Go Green! Anyway, she told me to buy that one. But I didn't want and I demanded a green one. Yeah, I was spoiled.

                     She rolled her eyes and told me I could have a green one if I could really sing. If I could sing? Oh hell no mama. My mother never knew I could sing. I was so angry, I walked out the store. And I did the most ridiculous thing that I was embrassed for the rest for my life, I sang in the middle of a gigantic mall. I was still haunted by the scence...  IT KEPT ON REPEATING IN MY MIND...

                     I shivered at the thought, earning a couple of weird looks from Ken. Meh.

                     "Where's Cedric?" He asked, rearranging his tripod stand. He put the bass drum a little closer to his ride cymbal.

                      Cedric... His name sent fire to my system.

                      "Urgh... Don't know..." I said awkwardly. Ken sensed it and turned around to look at me.

                      "What?" I said innocantly, did he see through me? He stared at me and squited his eyes, making me backpedaled. My face was showing guilty.

                       "Whatever..." He rolled his eyes and walked back to his drum set. I let a big whoosh of air, one thing we liked about Ken was he didn't care much. Lucky me.

                        "Hey guys! Sorry, got something in the way..." He mumbled to himself at the last part when he looked me in the way. He walked past me and brushed his arm gently against mine, taking his guitar into his hands. What was that? Whatever.

                          I looked at him, mesmerizing him. His black hair was still in his normal style, spiked up. Same old grey low V-neck Tee and a pair od worn-out jeans. I bet skinny jeans looked so much better than those... Oh snap out of it Aaron! Get a grip! You have a boyfriend for god sake!

                          I cleared my throat. "Okay, the ball's theme is 'Friday Night Fever'. So we are going to take the whole ball back to the 70's!" I looked at both of their horror faces. "Don't look at me like that, the principal demanded." They groaned and focus back to their instruments. God, I wished I could say that. But meh, my powerful vocal is my instrument.

                            "Let's go through the song selections." I said, they were about to talk when I held my hand up.  "No. Neither Eminem nor 30 seconds to Mars. is allowed" I chuckled when I saw they groaned longer and louder. Guys, who could live without them.

                              "So?" I asked, they looked at me with their mouths hung opened. I smacked my forehead with my palm. God, this was going to be tough.

                              "Okay. I chose a couple songs. I think 'No More Mr. Nice Guy' by Alice Copper would be nice since everyone knows them very well..." I was going through my iPhone but their confused looks caught my attention.