Chapter Two (Before The Fallen)

Straight Trap (Chapter Two - Before The Fallen)

        Aaron's POV

       'Stop it right here Aaron Thomas!'

        The crisp blue morning sky above was being attacked by a multitude of dark gray clouds, covering those puffy white clouds that floated across the sky. The wind picked up, the leaves of trees were dancing with it. The air was chilly although the sun still shone above my head. The sound of students buzzled around were barely unheard. The bell rang loudly a few minutes ago after I stepped inside this ground. 

         The anger in her voice was impossible to ignore. Her flaming eyes were as hot as fire that could bite someone's head off. I thought I was safe, I guess not. The look on her face was like sign of danger. I had stepped inside the danger zone, the darkness creeped nearer every moment. The volcano was about to explode any seconds now. From head to toes, she was covered in one color. Blue, what a weirdo. I wouldn't say it was ugly... No, it was ugly. Her burning glare was heating my butterscotch eyes.

          She opened her big mouth and...

         "Aaron! Where are you? We're looking for you. We need to practise one more time before we hit the stage. Let's go!" A tall, skinny guy ran towards me and grabbed away me from the explosive bomb. She was shock at first but quickly grabbed me back before we fled away.

          "Where do you think you are going! Sorry Ken, Aaron here has to follow me to the office to be punished." She said with such confidence that no one could break it.

          "Are you kidding me Alice? We have a show to prepare! We can't do it without our vocalist!" Ken argued and held me tightly, Alice didn't seem to be convicted.

           "I never kid Ken. Aaron's late and we, school council has to do something to prevent this kind of thing to happen again." Alice explained and strongen her grip.

           "What the hell! He's just late for a few minutes! Give us a break Alice! Stop being so uptight! We have something more important than following the damn rule! And when the heck  this rule becomes so strict!" Ken shouted at her rudely. Alice stunned by his words but remained calm.

           "It's the new school policy. He's wrong and he's going to face the music now, not even your show is going to change it." Alice replied back at him and took me away. 

            Ken was going to explode and his fists were cleching, revealing veins that about to pop out from the skin. Guess I had to stop it before it got any worse. I patted Alice back and she faced me with a sad face. 

            "Alice... I know you didn't mean it. What you did just now was right. But you have to be reasonable. What's important and what's not. I know you are doing your job and you work hard to achieve it. But if you were being like that, there's no one going to accept it nicely. If one day you are wrong, everyone will blame it all on you everything you did before. You know I love you right?"

            She nodded and sighed.

            "So? I am free to go?" I asked, crossing my fingers mentally.

            "Yes and I love you too. Go rock the stage for me." She smiled and hit my arm.

            "Ouch! For a girl like you, you are surprisingly strong." I ran away before she could hit me again.

            I ran across the busy hallway, crowded with teenagers.

             "Attention students of North High, the school performances for the fund raiser are about to start."