Chapter 36

Chapter 36 (This is what I call a long chapter.. I hope)

The knocks on the door had awaken me. I looked up and saw that I had fallen asleep on Kamal's chest. My neck did hurt and I stood up, walking towards the door. Not without making sure that Karim was in Kamal's arms. I looked through the gap and saw that it was Lynn. She looked very frustrated so I opened the door fastly. She first looked at me for a second before engulfing me in a hug.

"Where the hell are you?! I've calling you non-stop! I heard from your lawyer what happened to you! How can you not tell me, Manar?!" she kept yelling. She did come over a few times but I never opened the door actually. I looked at her confused.

"No, you didn't call me. My phone didn't ring" I said, thinking of where my phone even was. I grabbed her arm and took her inside and started searching for my phone. I was looking in the drawer next to the couch and saw something move. I looked to my left and saw that Kamal had woken up. He first looked confused down, seeing Karim in his arms. Then his eyes met mine and he smiled. I turned towards the drawer again, trying to find my phone.

"What are you looking for?" I heard Kamal say. I kept on looking through the drawers, even though I knew I would never put it there.

"My phone. I can't find it anywhere" I said and put my hands on my hips, trying to remember where I put it for the last time. Kamal put Karim on the couch, who was still asleep, and went up. He looked anywhere but me. I raised an eyebrow, trying to figure out what wrong with him was.

"Oh, about that.." he said, going to his jacket and getting something from his pocket. When I saw what it was, my eyes widened. He was holding my phone in his hands.

"What is my phone doing in your pocket?" I asked him, walking towards him. Lynn came inside from my kitchen.

"Your phone isn't in the kitchen" she said and then looked at Kamal.

"Oh, hi" she said awkwardly, not quite understanding what he was doing here. I was still focused on my phone. What if my lawyer was right?

"You wouldn't find it in the kitchen, because it was in the pocket of Kamal. Tell me again, why was my phone there? Because I really can't understand" I said with a look that could kill anyone. He run his fingers through his head.

"Look, I wanted to fi-" I wasn't letting him. I was not letting him get to me this time.

"I can't believe this. My lawyer was right. She told me. She told me how stupid I was for doing this. For marrying you" I said. I heard a gasp from beside me and realized it was Lynn. Kamal tried to talk but I stopped him by putting my hand in the air.

"It was not a coincidence that we met, just the moment Nourdin got out of his hell. It was not a coincidence that I saw you at school nor was it a coincidence that Karim got kidnapped when I was with you" I said and I heard that Lynn started to yell. I didn't hear anything she said. I was only focusing on Kamal, trying to see any emotion. But he was good at building walls, way too good.

"You were on Nourdin's side since the beginning. He was just getting Karim through you. Now you can go, because I will get mad if you stay any longer" I said. He only looked at me. Only looked at me for minutes, which I took as 'you are right, I got caught'. Instead of going, he took a step towards me. I got really scared at that moment and I took a few steps back in a reflex. He realized this and put his hands in the air, mentioning no harm. My breathing started to slow down, making it almost unable for me to breathe. Scenes of that night started flowing trough my veins, not letting go. I looked at Kamal again, seeing only green eyes. Not the blue eyes. The green ones. The forest green eyes that made you scared the longer you looked into them. Kamal started getting shorter. His curly blonde hair changed to black, short hair. I shook my head. I didn't want to go through the same again. I could no-

Before I could realize what was happening, I felt pain on my cheek. I looked to my side, seeing Lynn. She looked with guilty eyes at me.

"I am sorry. Slapping you was the only way to get you connect with the world again. I would not let that get to you again. No" she said. I looked at the figure next to her, seeing that Kamal hadn't gone.

"You said you trusted me" he said. I rolled my eyes.

"You broke that trust"

"- I did not!" He yelled immediately back.

"Why would I put my life in game for someone as low as Nourdin? Why would I freaking marry someone when I don't even know that person? I did marry you for many more reasons than saving Karim. Using you for Nourdin was not one of them" He said, grabbing my hand but I let go.

"Please listen" he said, trying to convince me, but I only shook my head.

"No, I am not" I said, but he still grabbed my hand. This time I wasn't fighting it.

"Look at me" he said. After a few seconds I did. His blue eyes were piercing into mine, letting me feel what he was feeling. Betrayal. I shook my head, shoving him off.

"You have no right to feel like that when I am the one who is betrayed" I said. This time he grabbed my arms.

"I married you because I wanted to save Karim! I married you because I wanted to let you live in safety! I married you because I felt a bond towards you, not letting go of you unless I got you! I married you because I wanted you, I wanted you to be in my life! How can you not get this?!" he started yelling. This time did the tears stream down. I couldn't say anything. I couldn't think straight. This weren't the things I expected him to say. This weren't the things I wanted to hear. Maybe I did want to hear this. I didn't even know myself. He let go of me, taking a step back.

"I didn't want to hurt you. I took your phone to track Nourdin down, to save Karim. I would never intentionally hurt you" he said. I didn't say anything for a few minutes. He always caught me off guard with the things he said that I least expected.

"But you did anyways" I said. I was stubborn, especially when my trust is broken.

"What do you want me to do then? How can I make it up to you? How can I make you trust again?" he said, but my mind was somewhere else. They broke my trust too, thinking that I did broke theirs. They closed the page- no, ripped the pages where I was included. They deleted me, from their minds. From their hearts. From their lives. They didn't come back. They didn't fight back. They fought against. I looked him in the eyes. It was no different.

"My family didn't believe me.."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Salaam guys, thank you so much for the comments on the previous post! I love you all. Big things coming up in the next chapters! Lets get this to 45 comments!