Chapter 23

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM: mmms_29

Chapter 23

"Baby I need to go now" he said while letting go of me. We were still sitting on the floor, hugged to each other. I put my arms around his neck. I didn't want him to go.

"Why?" I asked him. We needed to find Karim, what could he do other than that?

"I need to take care of something" he said while untangling my arms from around his neck. I looked down, feeling embarassed. Of course he had other things to do. Why would he put his life on hold just because of someone like me. I nodded and he got up. I got up too when he was already by the door. I opened the door for him without making eye-contact. I still felt embarassed. I waited for him to go out, but he didn't. He grabbed my chin and pushed my head gently up. I looked in his gorgeous blue eyes. It felt like they comforted me and I felt immediately a little bit better.

"I'll be back as soon as I can, okay?" he said. I nodded, closing my eyes. I moved closer to him and put my head on his chest. He wrapped an arm around my waist.

"I need to go Manar" he said and I let go. He looked at me for a second before he went out of the door. I closed the door and sighed. I walked over to my phone, waiting for a call from Nourdin.

~

"Father, you promised you were going to help me" I said while barging into my father's office. He looked up at me from his work and raised his eyebrows. I felt a bit uneasy. I didn't want to ask anything from him but I had to.

"And you promised that you were going to marry Hafsa" he said calmly, as if there wasn't any child kidnapped. I felt my fists clench and took deep breaths to control myself. When he saw that I was trying to control myself, he put off his glasses and entwined his fingers on his desk.

"Tonight at exactly twelve o'clock, you can go and take the child" he said that made my blood turn cold. Did he, did he find him?

"What? Why? Why at twelve? And from where? Answer me, father!" I yelled the last part when he didn't respond.

"I will never hear anything about this again. Grab yourself together, Kamal. I don't care what or why. I did as you said and now you have to do as I said. And where you have to take the kid? There is this old factory behind Blue High. The one I sent you to work at, not the other. The child will be there. Before that you will have your engagement, properly, with Hafsa. So be ready" he said and grabbed his phone and turned his chair around.

I needed to get out of here. I looked at the watch on my wrist and saw that there were only two more hours left. I sighed and I felt like my stomach was turning inside my body. I hadn't talked to Manar and I knew I could't tell her that I found Karim. If I did, she would tag along and I don't know what danger I will put her in. I looked at my left and saw Hafsa standing next to me, too close for my liking. I was about to walk away from her when I locked eyes with my dad. He threw me a look and I stood glued to my place, not being able to walk away.

"Look Kamal, do you like the ring on my finger? Your mother told me that you chose it for me. That's very sweet, I like it" she said and I needed to throw up. How irritating could someones voice be. Maybe it was a normal voice to others but to me it was just too irritating. I just nodded my head, not understanding and listening to what she said. I needed to get out of here, fastly.

I was racing to Blue High. It was one of my dad's schools and I didn't understand why Karim would be at the factory behind his school. I went faster and looked at my watch. Ten minutes, I had only ten minutes left. Two minutes later I would be at the factory. I was not going to give up. Manar needed Karim. I was not going to leave Karim at some psychopath who could hurt him, let alone he hurt Manar. I still didn't know what she went through and I was afraid to ask. I was afraid of the answer. I shook my head and parked to the school's parking lot. I didn't even bother to lock my car as I run towards the building behind the school. I took a sprint and jumped over the wall, something I always did with my friends when we went secretly to the old factory. It was dark and I couldn't see anything, but I knew exactly where I was. I knew this path too well to get lost. When I went near the entrance of the old factory, it started to get brighter because of the streetlight. I looked around to see anyone or anything but there was nothing, until my eyes fell over to this beauty that was running towards the entrance. I ran after her and grabbed her arm when she was about to enter. Shock went through her body, I could feel it. She became tense and froze. She didn't turn around nor did she scream. She was just frozen, like a statue. I pulled her into me and squeezed her back.