Chapter 26

Salaam guys, sorry for the late update. I already told the reason in my other story (I'm Miracle) but I will explain it here too. As you guys may know I am in uni now and thats not easy. I am really bad with dealing with changes in my life so its still hard for me. My laptop was also dead so I had to wait a month for it to finally work. From now on will I post each Thursday (as long as I am able to) a chapter for Have You..? Writing is quite difficult for me- not the plot but the writing process. I get a headache a lot so thats why I stop the moment my headache gets worse. I literally spend almost two hours for each chapter because I need to take breaks. I hope you will understand when my chaps aren't long enough. Tell me what you think of the chapter!~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Be careful Manar" Kamal said while holding my arms. I was getting out today, out of the hospital I mean. Not that I felt any better since that awful day. Karim was still not back which meant there was no peace in me. Kamal helped me getting into the wheelchair.

"How are you feeling?" he said, looking me in the eyes. He had this hopeful eyes since last week and it irritated the hell out of me. It was like he was waiting for me to act normal as always. How could I act normal if my child was God knows where.

"Shouldn't even ask" I half-whispered as if I was not saying at to him. He didn't say anything but grabbed my bag and drove us to the car. Neither of us talked and it was an uncomfortable silence. He opened the door of the car and helped me to get in. Still nothing. He didn't even look at me. Not when he went into the car and not during the ride. I was stubborn so I wouldn't even make a sound if he didn't want to. I had enough though when we stopped in front of my house and lost against myself.

"Are you gonna be like this now?" I said, wanting some reaction of him. To be honest, I admit, I didn't like the silence that surrounded us. It was like fog. Cold to your skin, making it difficult to breath. Kamal didn't even look at me. He helped me to get out of the car and grabbed my keys out of my bag. I didn't dare to say anything. He opened the door and we went inside. I put off my shoes and walked into the living room. For a second I forgot that I had a wound that could hurt and wasn't careful when I took off my coat so I sissed when I felt pain. Kamal immediately walked over to me and let me lean against him.

"What did hurt?" he said while helping me sitting down on the couch. I still had my eyes closed, holding my breath til the pain fainted a bit.

"I accidentally moved too much" I said through my teeth. Kamal grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers. I opened my eyes and looked at it before taking my hand out of his. If he was only going to talk when I hurt myself then no thanks.

"Don't you have work to do or something. I'm tired, I want to rest" I said, trying to brush him off. It was only to annoy him and I knew that I was being childish. It was just the only way I could think of to have him talk to me.

"Are you freaking kidding me now?" he said. I looked at him with a brow raised and he stood up.

"Sorry for freakin' caring about you. Sorry for staying by your side four days long without leaving one second when you were lying there half dead in the hospital. Sorry for asking you how you feel, just because I wanted you to share your feelings with me. Sorry for trying to help you. I've got business to do, right. As if that's more important than your health" he said. I turned my head to the side and closed my eyes. I slowly stood up to and looked him in the eye.

"No one asked you to care for me Kamal. No one cares for me and I got that through my thick skull long ago don't worry. Why would someone like you care for me, when my own mother, my own flesh and blood didn't even care? Huh? Why Kamal? Exactly. Now I will appreciate it if you go" I said, regretting the last sentence immediately. I didn't want him to go. I would be scared. This walls of this house felt like were falling down on me when Karim wasn't here.

"Do you want me to stay?" he said, as if he was sensing that I wanted him to stay. Before I could react what really went through me, my brain beat me to it.

"Go"

~~~~~~
The description of my new book 'Broken Blue Balloons' is up, so make sure to check it out. I will update that one every Friday in shaa Allah. I think it will be the most different story I ever wrote.