Chapter 1

Demontre’

“If there is anyone who believes that this man and this woman should not be married, please speak now or forever hold your peace.” I could hear the priest’s voice in my ear as I looked into Diamond’s beautiful eyes.

“I object!” I heard a deep male voice as I turned my head and saw a man running towards us.

“Jose’, what are you doing here?” Diamond let go of my hands.

“I came here to stop you from marrying him. You’re mine and only mine.” As soon as he said that, she ran into his arms and started kissing him. . . RIGHT IN MY FACE!

I jerked up from my sleep, sweating. I looked at the clock to see it was 7:00 am. I have been having these dreams for the past week and today is the day of the wedding.

Right now, I’m not staying with Diamond. Not because we got into an argument or anything, just because of wedding beliefs. I’m just staying at a hotel until tonight.

I got up and got in the shower, so I could make sure everything is ready for tonight. I took a 15 minute shower, brushed my teeth, washed my face, and then got dressed. I was wearing a Trukfit, cargo shorts, and my Bred 11’s. After I was done getting dressed, I texted Diamond.

*Text Convo*

Montre’ : Morning babe. Today is the day you become Mrs. González. I love you! Now wake up and go do what you need to do! :*

Diamond<3 : I’m upppp! And I love you too Mr. González. <3 :*

Montre’ : :*

*Text Convo End*

I finished texting Diamond and I got ready to leave. I got in my car and headed to Ray’s house. Tonight is going to be perfect.

Diamond

“I can’t believe you’re getting married babes!” Tiara said, watching the Asian lady do her nails. Tiara is my Maid of Honor. It was going to be Chelsea, but she’s pregnant again and got put on bed rest. We think it’s best if we just let her come and sit in the front row.

“I know! I never thought I’d see the day where I wore a wedding dress. Speaking of dresses. . . We need to go pick up all the dresses after this.” I said picking a color.

“Okay, what about Little Jamal’s suit? Oh! Pick that light pink, it’s cute!” She was so excited.

I picked the color and went back to get my tips done. After we finished getting our nails done, we went to the dry cleaners. As soon as I got out the car, I saw Demontre’, so I hid behind Tiara.

“Why do you do that?” She sounded confused as we walked into the dry cleaners.

“It’s just superstition. . .” I said, as Demontre’ looked at Tiara. He walked up to her and they started talking.

“Diamond is hiding behind you huh?” He laughed.

“No!” I yelled before I could stop myself.

“It’s okay babe. Ima go get little man out your car and leave.” And with that he left.

Tonight is going to be perfect.

Wedding

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered together here in the sight of God, and in the face of this company, to join together this Man and this Woman in holy Matrimony; which is an honourable estate, instituted of God, signifying unto us the mystical union that is betwixt Christ and his Church: which holy estate Christ adorned and beautified with his presence and first miracle that he wrought in Cana of Galilee, and is commended of Saint Paul to be honourable among all men: and therefore is not by any to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly; but reverently, discreetly, advisedly, soberly, and in the fear of God. Into this holy estate these two persons present come now to be joined. If any man can show just cause, why they may not lawfully be joined together, let him now speak, or else hereafter forever hold his peace." Everything was going as planned.

"I object." I couldn't believe my ears, as I turned around to face him.