Chapter Fourteen: Meaning

Amethyst's POV:

Pearl and I reached her house. I still had her in my arms. Tears were running down her face and I wiped them away. I ran up the stairs and into her room. Pearl jumped out of arms and onto her bed.

"Could you leave me be?"

I nodded my head. She had been through a lot and I knew she needed time alone. As I walked out of the room, I gently shut the door to her room. I walked down the stairs and saw Rose sitting on the couch. "Is Pearl..." I cut her off and put my hand up.

"Pearl is going through a lot. She needs time alone."

I walked in front of the door and put my hand on the knob. "I will be back. I need time alone."

Rose nodded her head, and for once, did not smile. Instead her usual smile was replaced with a look of sadness. I turned the doorknob and opened the door. Garnet was standing in front of the door and staring down at me.

"May I come in?"

Rose walked up to Garnet.

"Yes. You may."

Rose stated and I stepped aside so that Garnet could walk through. As she did, I thought of something.

"Rose. I need to go get someone."

Before she could say anything, I ran out of the house and down the street. A familiar face was sitting on her knees and sobbing. I ran up to her and bent down so that I was looking her in the face.

"Come on."

I picked her up and set her on my shoulders.

"Where is Jasper?"

I flinched at her words.

"I will tell you later. We need to get you back to Rose's."

She nodded her head. As fast as I could, I ran down the street. It was quiet and peaceful. I stopped running as soon as I reached Pearl's house. Garnet opened the door and looked down at me with a look of sadness, and then up at the little girl that sat upon my shoulders. A tear fell down her cheek and she wiped it away quickly. Garnet moved aside so that I could come in. Rose was on the couch crying and I saw she had something in her hands. Jasper's gem shards. I put Topaz down and she ran up to Rose. When Topaz looked down at the shards, she began to cry. Rose gently put the shards down and opened her arms. Topaz ran into them and embraced her gently. Rose began to cry and some of her tears landed on the Jasper's gem shards. A bright glow began to fill them room. The shards unified as one and the gem began to float in the air. A body began to form around the gem. Jaspee landed on the floor with a thud and looked up at her sister.

"Topaz."

Her voice was smooth and not gruff as it usually was. Topaz ran up to Jasper and embrabed her. A tear slipped from Jasper's eye. I smiled at the two of them.

"Are you alright?"

Jasper stroked Topaz's hair. Topaz looked up at me and smiled. Jasper followed her gaze, once her eyes landed on me. She smirked and let go of her sister. Jasper walked up to me and held her hand out.

"Thanks."

I stood there, not knowing what to do. Once I snapped back into reality, I shook her hand with a firm grip.

"Anytime."

I smiled at her. Jasper looked up at Garnet.

"As much as I dislike fusions, you are one good fighter."

Garnet smirked and shook Jasper's hand.

"That means a lot. Thank you for the complement."

Jasper smriked and walked up to Rose. Jasper hugged her. My eyes were wide as I looked at the scene that was before me. Even though I had only known Jasper for a short time, I knew that she did not hug a lot of people. Rose was taken aback, but hugged her back.

"Thank you Rose."

Rose laughed and patted her on the back.

"It was no trouble."

Jasper let go of Rose and looked back at all of us.

"I think we have a Pearl to cheer up."

As she said this, she walked up the stairs. The rest of us looked at each other and smiled. I walked up the stairs with everyone following behind of me. Japser knocked on the door.

"Go away."

I could tell that Pearl was still upset. Jasper punched a hole in the door and opened the door from the inside.

"You could have just opened the door."

Pearl looked bacl at Jasper. Jasper smiled at her.

"That would haven't been as fun though."

Pearl smirked and looked over at me. I blushed and looked away.

"Come here."

Her voice was firm. I looked up at her and saw that she was looking directly at me. I walked over to her and I felt my hands get warm, along with my neck and face. Once I was standing in front of her, she grabbed me by the collar. She smiled and shoved my lips to hers.

"Get it!"

Jasper yelled and the rest of the group laughed. Once the laughter died down, Rose began to speak.

"I made cookies!"

Pearl released me from the kiss.

"There is nothing better than your cookies."

Pearl smiled and I did the same. Everyone walked out of the room, except for Pearl and I. Pearl picked me up like a bride and began to walk out of the room.

"Isn't it my job to carry you?"

I looked up at Pearl and she was smiling down at me.

"Yes, but I feel like it should change every once in a while."

A smile crossed my face.

"I love you Pearl."

"I love you too...and my mother's cookies."

The both of us started to laugh and walked down the stairs, to be met with everyone around the kitchen table, eating, laughing, and just having a good time. Pearl kissed me once again and she put me down. I ran up to the table and grabbed a cookie. Pearl smiled at me and took a cookie from off the plate and began eat.