Chapter Eight: Today Is The Day

Pearl's POV:

I sat there in class listening to my mother speak about geometry. I didn't listen like I usually did. What Amethyst had said earlier was stuck in my head. "Maybe I do love her, what does it matter to you?" Those words were stuck in my head and they wouldn't get out. I looked back at Amethyst who was asleep. My mother passed out some homework and that is when the bell rang. I walked over to Amethyst to wake her up. "Amethyst." I whispered and poked her in the arm. Out of instinct I moved because she tried to hit me again. "Oh. Hi." She waved at me and yawned. "We have dance to go to." My eyes widened. "We didn't practice." I said. Amethyst smiled at me. "Yes we did." She said with a huge smile on her face. "How?" I asked. "Rollerskating." She said. "But we don't have any rollerskates." I said and Amethyst kept on smiling. She walked up to my mother and whispered something, then walked back over to me. "We have to make sure we are the last ones to dance. I have it taken care of." Amethyst said and I looked over at my mother who was smiling. I smiled at Amethyst. "Alright." I said and we both walked out of the classroom and to dance class. "What did you do?" I asked Amethyst and she looked over at me with a smile. "You will find out." She said. I really wanted to know what she was planning.

We both made it to dance class and the teacher smiled at us. The bell rang and we all sat down in our seats. "As you all know, today we will be dancing, hence the name dance class, and first up are Pearl and Amethyst!" Miss Emerald said with excitement. I looked over at Amethyst who had a smile on her face. "Miss Emerald I feel like I am going to be sick." Amethyst made a really good sick face. "Alright you can go to the nurse." The teacher said and Amethyst walked out of the room. "Okay. Since Amethyst is not feeling well, Ruby and Sapphire can go next." I looked over at Ruby and Sapphire. Ruby picked up Sapphire and carried her up and on to the stage. We all smiled at them as Ruby put Sapphire down. Music came on and they began to dance. Ruby dipped Sapphire and threw her in the air and when Ruby caught her she began to lift her up in the air. When Sapphire was in the air Ruby began to spin her in the and threw her up in the air once again. Sapphire looked like a helicopter. When Sapphire landed she began to laugh. Ruby and Sapphire kissed and when they did they fused. Everyone clapped for them and Garnet bowed. It was a shame Amethyst could not see it. I thought their dance was nice.

Amethyst's POV:

I walked out of the dance room and was met with Rose. "Here." She gave me the rollerblades I asked her to get. "Thanks." I said and smiled at Rose. "Have fun." She said. I turned around and was getting ready to walk into the classroom. "You can,stay again if you like." I turned around. When I did Rose smiled down at me. She wrapped her arms around me and gave me a hug. Her embrace was warm and comforting. I wanted to stay there forever, in her arms, but I knew I had a project to do. Rose let me out of the hug. "Go on, you have a project to do. We must not keep the teacher waiting." She said and giggled a bit. I smiled at her and went back into the classroom. I made sure to hide the rollerblades behind my back while I walked next to Pearl. "What's behind your back?" She asked and I held the rollerblades out to her and she gasped. "Amethyst." She reached out to take a pair of them. "Your a genius!" She yelled and hugged me. I stood there for a second, not knowing what to do. She pulled away before I could hug her back. Damn it. I'll get another chance eventually. Pearl put her roller blades on and I did the same. "Pearl and Amethyst, are you ready to go?" Miss Emerald asked and we both nodded our heads. The both of us skated up onto the stage and the music began to play. I took Pearl's hand and began to spin her. I released her and she spun around her dress flowing behind her. She came back to me and I dipped her and lifted her up in the air. I threw her up in the air and she flipped as she was in the air, and when she landed in my arms, there was a bright light.

Opal's POV:

"Huh?" I said to myself. I looked at the people in the crowd and their mouths were open. "What?" I asked. Garnet pointed at me. "You're a fusion." She said with a smirk on her face. "What do I~oh." I looked down at myself. My eyes went wide. "How in the world?" I asked then my body started to feel weird and soon after, I disappeared.

Amethyst's POV:

I looked over at Pearl and she looked over at me. I didn't know what to say. "I'm...sorry." Pearl said and I saw she had tears in her eyes. She shook her head and ran out of the dance room.

I looked over at Miss Emerald and she nodded her head, telling me that I could go after Pearl. Something tells me this talk is going to be long and difficult.