Chapter Seven: Embarrassment

Amethyst's POV:

I do not know why, but I started to cry. I gathered my things up and put the song lyrics back on the table where I had found them. I heard the bathroom door open and I looked at Pearl. "Amethyst?" She questioned. I felt hot tears run down my face and my face was still warm. I cringed when Pearl said my name. She came closer and raised her hand, like she was about to touch me. I flinched, out of reflex, because of the many years I had been abused. Pearl still had her hand up, but put it down at her side. We both stood there for what seemed like an eternity until Pearl spoke up. "I never should have yelled." When she said this my eyes widened. "It's my fault. I never should have walked in that bathroom." I pointed at the bathroom. I turned around so I wasn't facing Pearl. "I'm glad you did. I wouldn't have had such an amazing singing partner." I could hear the smile in her voice, so I turned around to face her. "Let's go get some breakfast. We have school." She said and was going downstairs. I followed her, and as we were going down the stairs I smelt pancakes. "Your mom makes pancakes?" I questioned. Pearl nodded her head. My mother never made pancakes.

Pearl and I walked down the stairs, past the living room, and into the kitchen. Rose smiled at us and sat down a plate in front of me. I looked over at Pearl. "What about Pearl?" I asked and Rose looked over at me. "She doesn't like to eat." She said and Pearl looked over at me and I looked over at her. I cut a piece of my pancake off with my fork. I put the fork near Pearl's face. "Open." I said and she opened her mouth. She began to eat the pancake and her eyes went wide. She smiled and nodded her head at me. "You actually got her to eat?" Rose asked me with a smile on her face. I nodded my head. "Okay then!" Rose put some pancakes on a plate and gave Pearl the plate. "Thanks mom." She said. Rose smiled in response.

I was finished with my pancakes and Pearl had finished hers. "Thank you." I said and Rose smiled at me. "Go and get dressed. It is about time to leave for school." Rose said and Pearl and I walked up the stairs.

We both were now in Pearl's room. She was getting ready in the bathroom. I did not have anything to wear, so I sat there on her bed and looked around her room. Her room was a minty color. I thought it was pretty. There was some white and blue mixed in it. Her bed was soft. I liked it a lot. Pearl came out of the bathroom. She looked amazing. Her hair was down and was curly. She had on a minty dress that came to her knees and her regular ballet slippers. "Why are you dressed so nice?" I asked. "Our dance is today...for dance class." She said and I looked down at myself. "I don't have anything to wear." I said and Pearl smirked. She walked over to her closet. "Turn around. No peeking." She said and I did as she told me. I heard her move things around and she tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around and was met with a dress. It was pretty with and covered in fringe. It was darker than my skin tone, but not by much. It was long sleeved which was alright. "Go on, take it." Pearl smiled at me. I took the dress gently from her. "Try it on." Pearl said. I smiled at her and walked into the bathroom. The dress was amazing and I couldn't thank Pearl enough. I tried it on and it fit perfectly. It came down past my ankles, so no part of my legs were showing. "Wow." I said. I thought it looked good on me. My white boots were on the floor, so I put them on. They went well with the dress, even if they couldn't be seen. I walked out of the bathroom and Pearl was sitting on her bed. She looked up at me. "You look amazing." She said and I blushed a little. "You look great too." I said with a smile and Pearl blushed a little. "Come on. We have to go to school." She said and was walking out of the door. Rose was already gone, considering she was a teacher and had to be at school early.

Pearl's POV:

Amethyst and I stepped out of the house. I locked the door. We both headed towards my car and got in. When both of us were in the car Amethyst began to speak. "Thanks for the dress Pearl." She said. "It was no big deal." I said and started up the car. I pulled out of the driveway and we both soon reached the school. I loved school. It gave me something to do. Amethyst got out of the car and I got out of the car and locked it.

Amethyst walked next to me and lead me to geometry. Of course, we had the same class first period, so it was more of walking me to class. Amethyst and I walked down the hallway, only to be met with Jasper. "Runt." She said to Amethyst and she stopped dead in her tracks and turned around to face Jasper. "What did you say Cheeto Puff?" She asked Jasper. Everyone laughed around us. I even giggled a bit. Jasper saw me giggle and tried to come after me. I heard the crack of a whip and I knew it was Amethyst. "Stay away from her." She said and had her whip around Jasper's wrist. "Do you love her or something?" Jasper said sacastically. "Maybe I do, what does it matter to you?" Amethyst asked and my whole face felt warm. I knew I was blushing. Jasper stood there in silence and Rose came running down the hallway. "Enough. Get to class. All of you." She said in a firm voice. All of us went to class. Amethyst and I stayed quiet the whole way to class. Both of us sat down in our chairs. Amethyst was in the back and I was in the front, waiting for class to begin.