Chapter Two: Maybe

Viewer discretion is advised. Abuse happens in this chapter.

Pearl's POV:

I did not like Amethyst. She and I did not get along, but I decided to suck it up and deal with it. I looked over at Ruby and Sapphire and saw that they had started to dance. Their gems started to glow and I began to smile. They both floated up and the air and they fused. My eyes were wide. I ran up to the fusion. Everyone in the room clapped, except for Amethyst. Ugh. "I knew this would happen at one point." I pointed to the fusion and she smiled at me and picked me up. She hugged me and crushed me. "Can't...breathe." I barley managed to say and she put me down and smiled. "Sorry." She said. "Your...fine." I said, gasping for air. The fusion put out her hand. "Garnet." She said. "Pearl." I said and we both. laughed. "How are you going to dance now?" I asked. "This." She grabbed my and and twirled me around and dipped me. I blushed. "I am going to unfuse at one point. You'll see me again. No worries." I smiled at her. Garnet unfused and Ruby was holding Sapphire in her arms. "Awww." I said and began to laugh. Ruby kissed Sapphire for the first time and she melted into the kiss. Ruby released from the kiss and smiled at Sapphire, and she blushed. "I have to go." I said. They both smiled at me and went back to hugging each other. I was happy for them. I looked back at Amethyst and she was smiling at Ruby and Sapphire. "Seems like someone has a soft spot." I said with a smile and Amethyst looked down at the floor and blushed. "Look at them. Maybe we could try to get along." I said and Amethyst looked up at me and smirked. "Yeah, maybe we could P." She said and the bell rang. I was about to walk out of the door when someone grabbed my shoulder. "Sorry about hitting you." She said. I smiled at her. "I know what it is like to feel like you need to protect yourself." I said and was headed off to lunch.

I didn't eat, since I had all the energy I needed from my gem. I saw Garnet, Peridot and Lapis. I looked at Garnet. "I see your back." I said with a smile. She nodded her head and smirked. "How is dance for you?" Lapis asked me. "Good." I said. "We are both really excited for the class!" Lapis put her arm over Peridot and she smiled.

Lunch went by quickly and so did all my other classes. It was now the end of the day and I saw Amethyst. I walked up to her. "Hey." I said. "Hi." She smiled at me. "Do you want a ride home? I have a car." I asked and Amethyst nodded her head. "Sure."

We both approached my car. Amethyst got in the passenger's seat and looked at me. "What?" I asked. "Your car is nice." She said. "Thank you." I said and started up the car.

We both drove down the highway and Amethyst told me where to go. We both eventually reached her house. It looked like it was falling apart. The paint was chiped and the house was small. The grass was uncut and there was a rusty fence surrounding it. The house was a mess, but I decided to keep my mouth shut. "Thanks for dropping me off." She said with a smile. "Your welcome." I said and Amethyst stepped out of my car. She shut the door gently behind her. She wasn't that bad of a person. I drove out of her driveway and down the road back to my house.

Amethyst's POV:

I did not want Pearl to leave, but I did not want her to find out my secret either. I walked through the front door of my house and saw my mother, and she had tears running down her face. Her lip was busted open and her jaw was swollen. I went into my room and was met with my father holding a belt. I tried to run, but he caught me by my collar. "Where do you think your going?" He mocked me. He slammed my face against the wall and began to beat me with the belt. I began to scream and I heard my mother's sobs get louder. Tears were streaming down my face and my father turned me around. He kicked me in the stomach and I fell to the ground. Then he began kicking me in the side. After that he spat in my face. "Bitch." He said through clenched teeth. I couldn't take it anymore. My eyes went wide and I summoned my whip. I wrapped it around his waist and slammed him on the ground. I summoned another whip and began to beat him with it. "How does it feel?! You don't like it, do you?!" I screamed and my mother came in. "That's enough!" She yelled. She threw me off of him. My head met with the wall causing a massive headache. Before I knew it, I blacked out.

Amethyst!" I heard a yell. "Amethyst!" I heard it again. When I heard it again I sat up. "What?" I asked and I looked up to see nothing. It sounded like Pearl. I got up and looked in the mirror. My face was bruised. I used some of my make-up to try and make the bruises to go away, but it didn't work. I threw the make-up across the bathroom. I hated it here. I shook my head and began to cry. Through my blurry vision I saw that the clock said that it was six in the morning. "I can't go back to sleep." I said, so I decided to go and get ready for school.