Chapter Five: Sleeping Over

Pearl's POV:

"Your going to have to sleep with me." I said and Amethyst began to laugh. I knew what she was thinking and my face felt warm. "Not like that!" I yelled. She laughed some more. "Ugh." I groaned. "Come on P. It was funny." She said. "Hahaha." I laughed sarcastically. "See?" She questioned and I giggled. She was funny...kind of. She was loud, which I didn't enjoy, but she was fun. My mother came into the room and brought in some cookies. "Here, I thought you two mighg be hungry." She said with a smile and I smiled back. "Thank you." I said and she left the room. Amethyst looked at me. "Can I have a cookie?" She asked. "Take them all, I don't eat." I said and passed the cookies to her. "Why don't you eat?" She questioned. "It's disgusting." I said. "Just a bite." Amethyst said and brought a cookie close to me and I backed away. She shapeshifted into a little kid. "Please." She asked and stuck her lip out. "No." I said. She shapeshifted back info her old self. "Fine." She said and crossed her arms. "Fine. I'll try your stupid cookie." I said and grunted. I took a cookie from off the tray. She took the cookie from me. "Uh, uh, uh. I am going to feed it to you." She said. "What?!" I yelled. Amethyst put a finger to my lips. "Shh~" She cooed as she moved thd cookie to my mouth. I stayed quiet and I knew I was blushing. The cookie brushed my lips as I opened my mouth. I took a bite of ths cookie and it tasted good. "That isn't that bad." I said and Amethyst smiled at me. I grabbed another cookie from off the plate and began to eat it. Amethyst lookdd at my televison and then at my X-Box 360. "Out of all the things that I fhought you would have, that would have been the last thing." She said and pointed at the video game. "I have Halo, if you want to play it." She looked at me like I was crazy. "What?" I asked. Amethyst smiled at me. "Your telling me a girl like you has a game like that?" I nodded my head. "Ugh. I bought it for you. I figured since we were doing a project together in dance you would come over at one point or another. I also figured you wouldn't want to dance the whole time, so while I was at the store I would pick that up." I said quickly. "You seem to know me well." Amethyst said while twisting her hair with her finger. "You just seemed like that type." I said and Amethyst picked up a controller. She gave me the other controller. I gave it back to her. "I don't play video games." I said and decided that I would curl up in bed with a book. "If you don't play video games, then why do you have an X-Box?" She asked. "It was a gift." I said and she,nodded her head. "I have never received a gift." She said, and that is when I looked up from my book. "Seriously?" I asked and she nodded her head again. "The only thing I have ever wanted was a nice dress. Or just someone that cares about me." She added and I felt bad. I did take my things for granted. Amethyst continued to play her game, while I read my book. "What are you reading?" She asked. "Charles Dickons." I said and looked up at her. She was looking back at me. "I figured that." She said while pointing at the cover. "I don't read, I write." She said and I was surprised. "Really? Can I see what you write?" She shook her head. "My writing is bad." She said and I smirked at her. "They can't be that bad." I said. I really wanted to see what she wrote. "I'll show you later." I was happy I would see them eventually. "Alright." I said and grabbed another cokkie from the tray. I put my book down and looked at Amethyst. "You seem to be having fun." I said with a smile. She looked back at me and nodded her head. My mother came into the room. "Amethyst your father is here to see you." Amethyst dropped the controller and looked at me. Her face was terrified. "A-Alright." She stuttered and I knew she was scared.

Amethyst walked out of my room and opened the door gently. My mother and I were watching her. "We need to get her out of there." I said. "Why?" She asked and I bit my lip. It was too late Amethyst was shoved to the ground. Her father started to kick her in the side and I barged in. I summoned my spear and ran up to him and he grabbed my spear and shoved it in my face, so it hit my right in the nose. It began to bleed and I looked at my mother, who looked angry. She grabbed her sword and summoned her shield. While Amethyst's father was distracted I grabbed Amethyst and brought her up to my room. We both sat on the bed. Amethyst began to hug herself and I knew she was scared. That's when I hugged her and I felt her tears run down my arm and leak only the bed. She began to sob quietly. "It's okay." I whispered and started to run my fingers through her hair. I heard bangs from down the stairs and Amethyst ran out of my room. I followed her and when we both came downstairs, I could not believe what I was seeing.