Playful Questions

I drank in all of the sights of the resort, from the other villas high in the trees, so the commons areas, the restaurants and the small patches of beach until we reached the docks where a fleet of luxury boats stood proudly in the glitter of the morning sun. The idea of Desiderata being a "luxury resort" really hit home for me at this point. I swear, I've seen boats like this on either "MTV Cribs" or "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous".

A lot of these boats were made in Dubai, a place known to court some of the world's highest rollers. Meanwhile, the only rolls I have are on my hips.

And just when I couldn't possibly be reminded of how poor and non-essential I have, we're ushered into the biggest boat on the docks - a seventy-six foot yacht that sparkled from bow to stern, complete with an impeccable dressed crew with crisp, ironed uniforms and smiles that just wouldn't quit.

"Welcome to the MV Cerulean," the hostess greeted in a demure voice. "We hope you have a lovely day trip with us today and we will do all that we can to accomodate you. All you need to do is ask."

"Thank you very much," I began, enthralled. "I figured we would end up in a nice charter boat, but I wasn't expecting this."

"Normally this boat is reserved for our bigger parties, but the manager insisted that you two have this one," she explained. "He wanted to do everything in his power to ensure that the two of you have a most memorable trip today."

"Is that so?" Kaim looked like the Sylvester who finally ate the Tweety Bird. Not that I blamed him one bit. If Adrian felt like we deserved a trip on this big-ass yacht, then that's what would go down. I was done with questioning things. "I'll have to thank him the next time I see him."

The hostess ushered us into small lounge area outside on the main deck where would could enjoy a champagne breakfast while taking in the sights as we travelled around the island. Just when I thought there was nothing that top the beautiful sights I'd already seen, the boat began to move.

The highest of sky, and the widest of sea, varying shades of exotic blue - this must be the closest thing to Eden we have here on earth.

"I can't even put this into words." I cuddled up to Kaim, who wrapped his arm around my waist. "Makes me wish I could win the lottery so I could come here more often. Then maybe I could figure out the right words for this place."

"Lottery tickets are a pipe dream. Robbing a bank is a much better idea." I dodged my hand just in time. "What? Well, it would be."

"Sure, if you're about that life," I said with a laugh. "Though I think you could manage behind bars since you're quite good at dropping the soap."

"You're right, it's a terrible idea." The look of terror on his face made me laugh so hard, my sides ached. "I'll buy you a lottery ticket once we get back, all right?"

"Fair enough." I gave him a comforting hug. "Hopefully, it will be the lucky one."

"It doesn't even need to be a lucky one, just one that's enough to bring us back here for like a week or something. That's good enough for me."

I laughed, resting my head on his shoulder. The salty sea breeze kissed my hair while the warm, golden rays of the so warmed my body. Kaim sat in silence, looking out into the ocean, but sometimes, he would steal a glance at me. He probably thought I was too into everything to notice, but no, I caught him everything single time.

There was so much pride in his smile. There was no mistaking the meaning. He was happy to be with me, just as I was happy to be with him.

I would never get tired of that look - the way he looked at me and only me. I wanted him to look at me that way forever, as cheesy as that sounded.