This is unprofessional behavior... (Edited)

Author's Note:  This is going to be short - because it's a short story.  And because school is kicking my butt, and it's only the first week.  Sorry, lovelies :)

Also, many thanks for AndyDW of Hemera Graphics for the cover!  I really appreciate it!

------

Kaim and I may have had the pleasure of lunch at my favorite (yet stupidly expensive) restaurant, but it was impossible for me to enjoy it.  While food normally had the power to relax me, tittilate me, and bring me to an orgasmic high that would probably make and any man feel quite inadequate, I couldn't eat one damn bit of my food.

It wasn't because I was afraid to eat in front of him.  Don't be silly...okay, maybe a little bit.

No - the blame for the lack of appetite fell squarely on his lap, or rather on his eyes.  I could feel his gaze the entire time.  The heat they generated was unbearable, and I entertained the idea of escaping to a nunnery in the arctic as a last ditch effort.  There was nothing professional about this gaze - it was pure lust, the kind that makes a woman either complain about the vapors or tear off her clothes in a fit of passionate frenzy.  There was no mistaking what was on his mind - the lionesses at work could learn a few things from this guy right here.

Do you know that feeling?

Do you know what it feels like when you look someone in the eye and you know exactly how they feel about you?

As Kaim continued to look at me, I knew exactly what that feeling was - the feeling of someone wanting every little inch of you.  And I have to say...I can't get those Poise Pads fast enough.

"Would you stop looking at me like that?" My voice quaked with nervousness,  and I gave up on enjoying my lunch.  "I feel like a gazelle in the savannah and you're the cheetah hiding in the bush."

"I wouldn't say I'm a fast runner, but I always did love a good chase," he purred.  "Especially with curves like yours..."

"This is not what we're supposed to be talking about."  Never mind that I wanted him to tell me more about my curves.  Someone has to keep it professional here.  "We're supposed to be getting to know each other more and start brainstorming ideas for the website, remember?"

"I remember - but I enjoy this more."  He leaned over toward me, and I felt my heart just drop.  "Can you blame me, though?  I spent two days sitting by the phone, waiting for your call.  That night with you was amazing, and I was hoping that we'd be able to do it again."

"Oh, so that's how it is."  Bitter bile burned in the insides of my throat.  "You get your kicks with the desperate, hopeless fat chick until something better comes around - like a size two supermodel?"

"Now why would I ever want that?"  Kaim didn't bat an eyelash at my hostility.  "I like having someone I can really hold onto, and besides, everyone knows that supermodels date each other, so I'm out of luck."

"Are you serious?" I was incredulous.

"Quite serious, actually."  Stop making my heart fly, you magnificent, handsome bastard.  "And putting yourself down to me isn't going to work.  I'm genuinely interested in you, and I intend to pursue you, whether I frighten you or not."

"I'm not afraid of you!" I replied hotly.  Meanwhile, mentally I was shivering - the proverbial quaking in my boots.  "It's a mad dating world out there and I'm just protecting myself.  Can you blame me?"

"Not at all.  So, it's a good thing that a gentleman such as myself has come along to with the best intentions to sweep you off your feet."  As he placed his hand on his heart, I wondered what old Hollywood movie he picked up that line from.  "And once I've done that, I'm talking you directly to the bedroom..."