Bachelor Pad - He's Doing It Right

My mom and my sister couldn't drop me off back at my house fast enough. Karyn wouldn't stop being her snotty, snippy, passive-aggressive self and of course, my mother could do nothing to assuage her.  I wouldn't allow her to ruin my mood, though.  I was about to catch my first glimpse of Kaim's place and that made me very excited.  Just the thought of being near Kaim, especially after that picture he sent me, excited me even more, however.

"I hope you had a fun time out with us today," my mom said as I began to exit the car.  "We should all hang out more often.  I thought today was lovely."

I thought my mom had a classic case of selective memory.  "Ah, sure Mom, of course.  With the wedding coming up soon, I'm sure we'll be spending a lot of time together."

"Don't forget that you have your duties with regard to my wedding, Zara."  My mother and I gave Karyn an annoyed look.  "You may not be the Maid of Honor, but you are a bridesmaid nonetheless."

"Yes, how could I ever forget?"  To this day, I don't know what possessed me to agree to it in the first place.  I'd sooner give her a dragon punch than help fluff out her train.  "You just let me know, and I will do my best."

"Oh, don't worry - I will.  Just...try not to get to distracted too much by your...friend."  Her tone had so much cattiness, I feared that actual cats would sue her.  "But then again, who knows?  It might not even be an issue by then."

You...bitch.  "Why don't you worry about your nuptials and I'll worry about my beautiful, gorgeous friend, all right?"

"If you say so," she said as she tossed her hair.  "I'm just saying..."

"I know what you're saying - and it's duly noted."  She didn't like the edge in my tone, but I could have cared less.  "Night, guys.  Call me when you get home, Mom."

"Will do, lovely!"

I didn't even bother to watch them drive off - I was too busy seething.  Just what the hell was her problem anyway?  It's like she had a permanant case of PMS.  I'm two seconds away from catching a case myself if she keeps opening her big fat mouth!

But, I digress.  I reminded myself that my happy, sexy fun time with Gorgeous Blue Eyes was coming, and nothing would ruin it.  It wasn't lost on me that I was pretty shallow to crave his body as much as I did, but damn it, when you've got a hot boy giving you daily body worship without disgust of reproach, it is imperative that all moments be savored and appreciated.

I couldn't call that man fast enough if I tried, even if I used voice-dialing.  "Well, hello there.  Is it okay to come and get you now?"

"Yes, please, I insist," I said, breathless from rushing up the stairs.  "The sooner the better."

"Did you like my picture earlier?" he asked, sounding amused.  "I don't how you ladies do it.  Maybe I should have asked for help instead of just picking some random dress of the shelf."

"Oh yes, I liked it.  In fact I liked it so much that I'm half tempted to share it with the world?"

He burst out laughing.  "You wouldn't!"

"What?  And miss the opportunity to show the world what a lucky girl I am?  Never!  I have a reason to gloat, and damn it, that's what I intend to do...unless..."

"Unless what?"

"Unless you somehow managed to get here in ten minutes to pick me up."  I've got the slyest smile on my face.  "Then, I'd be more inclined to keep this to myself..."

"I'm heading out the door right!"  I could hear him huffing it to the door, too.  Oh hell yes.  "I'll be right there."

He didn't even say goodbye - he just ended the call.  Not that I was bad - I was too busy grabbing a few things in an overnight bag and spritzing all a little perfume to add to the allure.  In an amazing showing of speed without getting in trouble with the Po-Po, Kaim made it to my house in nine minutes precisely, not a second more or a second less.