Well that's not fair at all... (Edited)

Thank you for the lovely cover, jaspergreen!  I really appreciate that you took the time out to make it!

EDITED because I am such a bad writer LOL

Kaim kept his promise.

I awakened the next morning still in his arms, sore from last night's, ahem, proclivities.  In my haze, I almost freaked out, wondering how many drinks I had last night to end up in my bed, as bare as the day I was born with an arm around my waist that wasn't mine.  But as my eyes focused themselves, and Gorgeous Blue Eyes came into view, I remembered everything, and I knew that there was nothing to worry about.

He really did stay with me - he didn't sneak away in the dark of night.

"Good morning," he said quietly, brushing a few locks from my face. 

"Umm, 'good morning' is a contradiction of terms," I mused, tired yet trying to be humorous.  Lucky for me, he chuckled at it.  "But with a guy like you in my bed, maybe there's some truth to it."

"I think so."  He leaned in and placed a small kiss on my neck.  "But if you're still skeptical, I'd be more than happy to convince you..."

"I bet you would."  I got up from my bed, wincing at the soreness in between my legs.  And while that wondrous feeling filled me with a sense of pride, it did nothing to damper the discomfort.  "But I'm still in recovery, so I'm going to have to say 'no'."

"Ah."  Kaim actually pouted.  "That's a shame."

The two of us fell into an awkward silence, clutching the sides of my feather-down blanket.  My mouth tried to form the right words to say to him, but I had no idea of what to say.  I'd never done anything like this before and I'd definitely never read a book about how to best handle a one-night stand.  Do books like that even exist?  Anything is possible, I guess.  

Kaim looked just as confused as I felt.  Getting here and having raunchy, hot, and mind-blowing sex was one thing - the easy thing.  Getting to the morning after and figuring this strange sort of the connection between us was another matter entirely.

"Well, I guess this is the part where I put on my clothes and walk that walk of shame," Kaim said finally, moving out of bed.  The coldness hit me before I had a chance to anticipate it.  "Though I think it's more like a 'Walk of Triumph' after a night like that."

Though it felt  my heart being ripped into shreds, I managed to crack a smile.  "And I guess this would be the part where I'd offer to drive you home - except I don't have a car."

"How chivalrous of you."  I didn't want him to go.  I wanted to spend more time with him, ask him for coffee or something, anything!  But I could bring myself to do it.  My throat hurt like hell, and my mouth went dry.  "I just hope you enjoyed yourself as much as I did."

"I don't think you have to worry about that."  I did, however worry about whether any of my neighbors - both next door, across the hall, AND upstairs - would pay me a visit later.

I watched as he put on his beautiful clothes, my heart crying harder and harder with each piece.  I am well aware of all this being a one-night stand and that one-night stands are, well, one time deals.  But my heart wouldn't hear of it.  Kaim had given me a taste of companionship, and now, my heart begged for more.

Only I was too much of a coward to ask for it.

"Let me grab my robe, and I'll see you out."  I worked hard to to ensure that he wouldn't hear the sadness in my voice. 

"You don't have to do that, Zara.  I can see myself out."

"No, it's okay, I don't mind."  Feeling a little shy, I slipped out of bed, reaching for my red silk kimono robe near my nightstand.  I could feel him staring at me as I put it on, tying it closed haphazardly.  "It's the least I can..."