28.What happened to...The kiss

Thomas unlocked the door to his house and I entered

Thomas unlocked the door to his house and I entered. I could here pots and plates clashing int he kitchen. We followed the noise and found who was probably Tom's Dad in the kitchen.

"Hey Dad?"Thomas asked confused.

"Hey son!"his Dad greeted. "When you said you were bringing a guest, I decided to make something instead of ordering some take out like we usually do."

I smiled a the fact that he made an effort for me. "Yeah Dad, that's nice and all but I'm gonna order some pizza now, I'd rather not die tonight and I'm sure Ally feels the same."Thomas told his dad.

His dad turned. "Hey!" he scowled. Then his eyes landed on me. "Hi, I'm Jake."

I smiled at him and shook his out stretched hand. "I'm Ally."

He nodded. "Well it's nice to meet you. Thomas talks about you all the time."he chuckled. "Oh Dad there's this girl and she's so pretty and cute and funny and I lo-"he imitated

"-Okay Dad, Thanks."Thomas said glaring at his father while I tried to cover up my laugh with a cough."I'm gonna order the pizza now. "Thomas announced his cheeks pink.

Thirty minutes later we were sat in the living room watching Friends.

"So Ally how'd you meet Thomas?" his Dad asked. I swallowed the food in my mouth.

"Well we've been going to the same school for years actually."

"Really? How come I haven't heard about you before?" He dad asked reaching for another slice.

"Well we only became friends recently."I explained. His eyebrows furrowed. "Oh really? Why?"

"Caleb."Thomas said his name with distaste. Jake's eyes widened. "Okay..... are you guys in a fight or something?"he asked.

I turned to Thomas curious too, it seemed like they were fine but everytime I mentioned Thomas when I was Caleb he would get pissed and vice versa. Tom cleared his throat obviously uncomfortable under our gazes. "No."

"Are you sure?"I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yes Ally, it's just hard to act like were the best of friends when we both like the same girl."he snapped. It was silence for a moment.

"Oh."

"Well? I'm gonna through this away."Thomas's Dad announced picking up the pizza box and walking towards the kitchen.

"I'm sorry about snapping at you like that, it was stupid."Thomas said sitting beside me on the couch. I shrugged. "It's fine."

I was still thinking about what he said about them both liking me. I knew it was quite obvious they liked me because they asked me on dates but this really confirmed. I groaned inwardly. I can't believe they both like me. When you have a crush on a person you never expect them to like you pack, but when you like two people you don't even consider it and no one wants it either. I can't choose a guy, why couldn't they have liked someone else? Why couldn't they have not been best friends? Why do I have the power to break a friendship that started long before I came along?Why me? And the most important question: