16.What happened to...Stepbrother?

"Yeah" He said confused

"Yeah" He said confused. In a matter of seconds Robin, Tom, Caleb ,Randy and Marie were at the door.

He stepped back at all the attention he was getting before Robin laughed awkwardly. "Hey Elliot, excuse my cousin and her friends, they don't get out much."she explained.

"Hey!"I said. "I get out way more than you anyway". She stuck her tongue out at me and pushed Elliot through the crowd until he abruptly.

In front of Tom.

Thomas stiffened his eyes narrowing and fists clenching, Elliot doing the same.

"What's going on?" I whispered to Caleb who paled slightly. "Elliot is Tom's stepbrother." He whispered eyes still steady between the two fuming men. Eyes widened. "What?!"I said. Thomas had a stepbrother???

"Yeah Thomas's mum divorced him too be with this man she was having an affair with and-"He started."You know this is Tom's story to tell I shouldn't be saying this."He grimaced.

I nodded in understanding. This was quite some news. Caleb walked in between the two and talked to them in hushed tones.

Thomas sighed glaring at Elliot one last time before turning and swinging the door open. "I'll be in the car" He said before slamming the door.

It was worse than awkward after that.

We had all been so excited to meet Elliot before but now I kind of wish we didn't. I know I shouldn't say that just because Thomas doesn't like him but I can't help it.

"Apple juice anyone?" Aunt Caro said bustling into the hall obliviously. We all mumbled agreements and headed into the living room. I decided to go check on Tom and maybe get to know more about the situation.

I slid open the door to the minibus and came inside to see Tom sitting in the drivers seat and staring out the window. I sat in shotgun.

"Are you okay?" I asked cautiously. He sighed again."Yeah. I'm guessing Caleb opened his big mouth and told you everything?"he asked with slight amusement. I bit my lip. " Not everything, he stopped himself before he could" I told him.

"Wow I'm surprised, he actually has some control" he chuckled. I could tell he was trying to steer the conversation away from what just happened but I wasn't gonna let that happen.

"So about what happened in there..."I trailed off. He sighed for the third time. "My mother had an affair with his Dad, they decided it wasn't fair on my Dad and his Mum so they both divorced their partners and got married. Elliot hates My mother for breaking up his mum and dad and hates me for some reason, he gets on my nerves a lot so I hate him."He said casually.

"Oh." Was all I said as I wasn't expecting him to be so....nonchalant about it.

"Yep, that's it and it's life, people say they love you and then their off with someone else, happened to me and my Dad, It could happen to anyone" He said.