"Yeah, I get what you mean," replied Garp with an understanding tone to his voice. "But he was just.."

"That's why.." interrupted Ace. "Gramps.. My old man is.." a smile formed on Ace's lips before he spoke the next word. "Whitebeard. And no one else."

Garp only sighed as his Grandson's stubbornness, before a smile formed on his face.

"Gramps.." started Ace grabbing Garps attention.

"Hm?"

"Have you... has there been any news about.. Whitebeard's right hand man?"

Garp felt a grin tugging on his lips.

"Oh? You mean the Blue Flamed one?" he smirked.

Ace couldn't help but smile slightly as images of the beautiful, red haired girl covered in blue flames filled his mind.

"You know Gramps... If I became a marine... I would never have meet her.."

"Blue Flames?" Garp asked raising a brow.

Ace only smiled at the thought of her, her smile, the way she laughed, everything about her.

"Funny isn't it?" Ace said, looking down, almost talking to himself even though Garp was listening. "Who would have thought... that I'd find her out in the ocean... in Whitebeard's crew."

Garp could only let a small smile reach his face as his grandson began to tell him of his love life.

"She... she just has this way with me.." started Ace, he was no longer talking to his Grandfather, he was speaking his thoughts aloud. "She always looked at me... like she really loved me.. she had this smile like no other... Her long red hair... the way she looked at me... she was always so beautiful."

Ace felt some life left in him as he thought more of her; he felt his heart skip a beat just like it did when she was around him.

Garp grinned wide. Even with the situation he and Ace were in right now, it still meant so much to him, seeing his grandson so happy... so in love.

"But..." started as his smile left and his voice turned serious. "I left her.."

Garp's grin disappeared as he narrowed his eyes at Ace.

"What do you mean ‘you left her’?" Garp asked.

"She... she told me to wait... she told me to stay... that she needed to tell me something... But... I left. I had too. I was to hot headed and stubborn to wait. I thought there was no other way to pay back Teach. 

"I can still hear her voice calling me... calling me to come back... the desperation... the way she looked at me with those deep black eyes as tears filled them."

Ace let out a half hearted laugh. He couldn't believe himself. He only now realises how much he regrets leaving her without finding out what she wanted to tell him. 

"And now... not a day goes past where I don't wonder what she wanted to tell me."

~

---Aki---

"AHCHOO!" I sneezed before wiping my nose with a tissue.

"Someone must be talking about you Aki," a voice behind me.

I giggled before turning to find Marco standing behind me only a few meters away.

"Yeah right!" I laughed.

He gave a small chuckle before his face turned serious.

“Aki, Whitebeard wants to see you. He says it’s important.”