Epilogue

---Aki---

I watched as he ran through the forest, red and blue flames enveloping his whole body as he moved at a speed that exceeded my own. 

Ace ran after him, chasing him down in a playful manner.

Fire shot's flew everywhere, flashes of blue and red sparked, almost looking like fireworks.

And just like that, their fists clashed the wave of blue and red danced before my eyes.

He's 16 today. I thought as I watched him battle it out with his father. 

His short, red hair blew perfectly in the wind; his white eyes were filled with a burning passion as he brought out his sword. 

I giggled slightly at Ace's reaction but they continued to fight.

It was 16 years ago today that everything happened. 

Out father, Whitebeard was killed, many of our close friends were, like Oars also killed. 

But also, on that day, my first and only child was born. 

It was crazy, to think that he survived all that. 

Fact is, after he entered the world, he wasn't breathing. 

---flashback---

I felt the pain finally end and a huge wave of relief flushed over me.

My breathing was heavy; sweat was like a friken waterfall down my face.

"Where... is my... child?" I huffed, completely out of breath yet all I wanted to do was hold my kid.

But no one answered me. All I heard was rushing around and the moving and dropping of things.

Everything seemed slightly blurry as I forced myself up onto my arms with the little energy I had. I saw them all around a table, I knew my child was on that table but, I couldn't sense its presence. 

My eyes widened as I could only watch them. 

I wanted to speak, I wanted to ask what the hell was going on. 

But I couldn't move.

My voice wouldn't work, my mouth wouldn't open, my body wouldn't move, the only part of me working was my eyes.

I lay there, propped up by my elbows just staring at the scene before me.

But then something happened, they all stopped

....beep...beep...beep.

I was still unable to move as the doc walked over to me. I looked up at her face but I couldn't quite read her expression. 

"Aki," she started. "You have a baby boy."

Relief came like a title wave crushing over me as I let the pressure on my arms drop, causing me to fall back onto the bed.

I just lay there, a smiling creeping onto my face as took deep breaths in and out.

"But...” she started.

"Yeah?" I answered, my voice still flushed with relief.

"He's... in a coma."

My breath stopped and my eyes widened.

He's... in a coma?

In a moment, I processed what she had just said and I shot out of the bed, ignoring the pain as I now stood eye level with doc.